Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need to find a decent tire machine, Im always doing something, replacing tires or powder coating them, or getting sand in the bead. I need something at home, so i can stop paying to have it done, and save time anyone using any of these? It also needs to be big enough to do the wheels on my RZR.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PORTABL..._Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&hash=item5890203f13

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATV-Golf-Ca...843?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c15e994f3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tire-Change..._Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&hash=item43a9e97775

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Wish I had one yesterday when I tried swapping out my Mud Lite I cut a sidewall on. We did it with good ole brute force :s Harbor Freight sells the first two machines in their stores for about the same price I think.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i dont want to waste money and have it be a pain the ass, or cut my tires/scratch wheels etc

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i know harborfreight has one. I've never used one before but there are a few people on here that do use it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the time................
which one do u use? any of the above 3? I just dont want to buy one and have it be a pain in the ass to do and waste the money, or scratch my wheels

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how long does it guys take u to change a tire? What kind of tape? just masking tape? Let me know i think ill purchase it now, do u guys mount it to concrete or wood or?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
If your buy a Harbor Freight or Tractor supply you can buy them in store for $40. Takes me awhile to change a tire but I haven't mounted it yet:lol: So it take 2 people:rofl: but it works great, you won't regret it.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Just put the tire on the rim add 1/2 can of eather sprayed inside the tire and throw a match at it=******* tire machine. To break bead a 2x12 set on the sidewall of tire next to rim drive the 83 chevy up it lol. Maybe I need to go to Harbor Frieght now:rofl: :haha:

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
how long does it guys take u to change a tire? What kind of tape? just masking tape? Let me know i think ill purchase it now, do u guys mount it to concrete or wood or?
A couple minutes..............:D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well got it, practiced on an old wheel (thank god) I can see this thing tearing up some nice wheels very quickly. I guess my main concern is the bead leaking from sand, or landing too hard on my side and getting sand in the bead. Can i just break the bead if this happens and some how clean it, and air it back up? That way i dont need to tear the hell out of my wheels each time?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what do u guys suggest, had someone do a tire for me one time, and i could of swore he used wd-40 and told me theyd never leak again (only set of tires i havent needed to clean the bead since)

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you change a lot of ATV tires its probably worth it but if your just doing your own quad everyonce in a while its kind of excessive.

I use a pair of vise grips and two screwdrivers, lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
best thing yo do is look for shops closing up. get really good deal on shop equipment. buddy of mine just bought coats 250 tire machine. it does up to 24'' rims. he paid 350 dollars !

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well got it, practiced on an old wheel (thank god) I can see this thing tearing up some nice wheels very quickly. I guess my main concern is the bead leaking from sand, or landing too hard on my side and getting sand in the bead. Can i just break the bead if this happens and some how clean it, and air it back up? That way i dont need to tear the hell out of my wheels each time?
We had to smooth out the rough edges on the bars and the stand, but we have done countless tires and had no issues, we wrapped rubber hose on the outer edge of the table and also put rubber on the clamping plate..........:)

·
Registered
448 Posts
i have access to one, but is crazy old and rusty, lol but it does the job perfect

1 - 19 of 19 Posts