Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been wanting to buy a recorder so that I can have some good videos to watch of us riding. I saw one advertised on one of the plastic graphics websites for like $275. It was on www.invisionpowersports.com I think. Its got a small camera to mount on top of your helmet and records in low light and also records sound and runs on batteries. Then I would need to get a small recorder. Anyone have any input on this?

·
Registered
143 Posts
im getting one next week. go to ebay they have them for around $160.00 make sure you get the 520 resolution, there made by sony. exact same ones as the hi dollar camera sites. make sure youre camcorder has both input and output for this to work. all cameras have a output but some have a switch or button to change the output to input. one of the sites has a list of cameras you can use. good luck..

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All good info. Thanks, I'll keep checking around.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have the sony minidv cam dcr hc40 go to ebay and look at #300062447661 that store usually sells them for 169.00. there is a lot of info on this page. they tell which cameras will work.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
the ebay cam would be awesome but they dont ship to the US

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking good, keep em coming.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I just purchased one from ebay. its made by oregon scientific. I paid 100 for it. It has 3 different res. settings. it only has a 32mb onboard memory which will only hold about 50 seconds, but i paid the extra 65 for the 2gb memory crd that plugs right into it. that was around 65 bucks. I cant wait to try it out. Ive played around with it but not on the quad.. i will post videos after the weekend

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keep us posted, im still looking. :crazy:

·
Registered
325 Posts
what's up all i bought a twenty20 helmet cam a month ago :thumbsup: but still have not used it :( , jus waiting for my camcorder to get in was on backorder for a month :mad: now they don't make the camcorder any more so i had to order a diff. one today and hopefully it will be here by friday :unsure: so i can take it to glamis this weekend. i'll keep you ppl updated

·
Registered
751 Posts
The camera I bought does not require a video camera. It is a wireless camera with built in memory card. Yeah it only records a little over an hour for high res. but I dont need to carry the camcorder with me.. I should have video this weekend. Going out on the lake

·
Registered
143 Posts
well i did buy the 520 res. off of ebay. i do have to carry my cam corder with me. i bought a $10.00 bag from walmart to hold the camcorder. i just strap it to the back of the seat/ grab bar. its been so cold here in ok. that i havnt taken it out yet, but im going this weekend so i'll post a short clip. we had ice on the road and my wife fired her recon up and went down the street with it and the picture quality was great. i think with the memory card cams there ok for playback on the computer but to send them out to a web site the quality is not that good. just my opinion.

·
Registered
97 Posts
06RAPPY700R said:
The camera I bought does not require a video camera. It is a wireless camera with built in memory card. Yeah it only records a little over an hour for high res. but I dont need to carry the camcorder with me.. I should have video this weekend. Going out on the lake
Rappy,,, ya didnt fall into the lake did ya????

I too would like to see the quality of the 520 res cameras. From what i've read, even the junk cameras use the Sony chips and claim are all the same but the camera itself are not. Lense makes a hella diff in picture qaulity and durability is slightly important if it's going for a ride on my bike.

This is the cam i'd like to see video of. Anybody?

http://item.express.ebay.com/Consum...Q20Q26Q20OtherQ20ElectronicsQQcmdZExpressItem

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.