Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe they said it would be about two weeks. Anyone?

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
It seems crazy IMHO for 2 weeks to ship out... :3question: I'm just being patient.... but I need :help:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have mine :lol:. i recieved them on fri ... ... but i wasnt on the group buy :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

TECHQUADSHOP.COM had them in less than a week and i didnt spend anymore on them.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to TECHQUADSHOP

Capt

ps. they sound and look great!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I didn't get in on the groupe buy,but ordered them thru techquadshop and recieved them last thursday... :thumbsup:

gonna put them on tonight

·
Registered
815 Posts
Tim Barker was making TWENTY sets of the barker in-frame duals.... 20 makes a crate full..... and then TIM barker was sending that crate to Jason at Rocket Factory...
- - All these other shops have been getting there duals from Tim Barker like one set at a time...
I agree it sucks that we havent gotten our pipes yet, and many other ppl have.... but thats just the way it goes.... we all should have them next week....
- - Jason told me that they should get the crate this week, and ship EVERYONES out at the end of this week, so we all should have the pipes next week....

Plattner

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
113 Posts
just got mine on. look good sound good, I'm a little concerned about the quiet pack though. my decimal meter is reading 104 db @ idle 10' from the pipe. looks like I'm going to have to invest in a braided break line also the shield is a little lacking and the back brake line is pretty much touching the pipe, the left pipe (sitting on the bike) is a Bi**h to get on was really concerned about dinging the opening of the pipe the stud for the clamp is in the way and the way it routs thru the frame makes it hard to manuver around it. and just a note great pipes glad I got them, but for 695.00 they should come with new gaskets I shouldn't have to run down to the Yamaha shop to buy new ones.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
snowman said:
just got mine on. look good sound good, I'm a little concerned about the quiet pack though. my decimal meter is reading 104 db @ idle 10' from the pipe. looks like I'm going to have to invest in a braided break line also the shield is a little lacking and the back brake line is pretty much touching the pipe, the left pipe (sitting on the bike) is a Bi**h to get on was really concerned about dinging the opening of the pipe the stud for the clamp is in the way and the way it routs thru the frame makes it hard to manuver around it. and just a note great pipes glad I got them, but for 695.00 they should come with new gaskets I shouldn't have to run down to the Yamaha shop to buy new ones.

let me know if you need anything at all and i will take care of you. Glad you got your pipes, cant wait to get ours on our shop bike.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
snowman said:
This is interesting I wonder if others are having the same problems? :confused:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I recieved my PM for the group buy, and responded that I was intrested. But then I had to travel for 1 week and when i got back and called RF. I was told It was too late & had missed the boat. So i called techquadshop last weekand they hooked me up for the same price I was quoted for the group buy. they said i shold have the pipes this week sometime. cant wait !!

·
Registered
113 Posts
"let me know if you need anything at all and i will take care of you. Glad you got your pipes, cant wait to get ours on our shop bike."

Thanks steve I know you will, you've been a great help with the purchace. going to run my bike down to hollister hills in a few days they have a ranger station that does the official db reading for the site. I put the sparkys in and it quited down a bit my db meter may be off and I'm not sure how they get the official reading never had to do it before.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Does this mean i need to get a new Exhaust gasket before i install the Barkers? I took my old ones off already since I'm doing other work on the quad....but i didnt get my head near the Exahust outlet to see a gasket.

·
Registered
478 Posts
onelunglow said:
snowman said:
This is interesting I wonder if others are having the same problems? :confused:

I had this same problem. I called Jason @ RF about some other stuff and he asked how they went on and I explained this and he said that he had put his first set on the night before and had the same issues so wanted to find out what his customers thought about the install. Also on the drivers side (left) pipe by the swing are the wires are kind of close to the pipe. I zip tied them to a small tab with a hole in it in the middle of the swing arm which worked great. Anyway I get a call from Jason 2 days later to let me know that they found how to put them on so that the pipe does not hit the stud and ding the lip of the pipe. You have to start putting the pipe on holding it basically upside down and rotate it down as you slide it past the stud and into the exhaust port. Worked perfect! Once you do that (it might take a minute to figure out) it is really simple. We have to remember that these JUST came out and the shops are still learning just like we are. I know I had mine on before Jason had even put his set on. I know most places are probably not keeping any for the shop at this point as they are shipping everythingin inventory to customers. Give it another month and all the kinks and small issues will be worked out. That is the price to pay to be first! Sometimes you have to be first to figure stuff out. All in all I would guess that everyone loves these pipes as much as I do and would agree that the quality of build, fit and finish, and design are second to none. Just my $.02

·
Registered
331 Posts
Holy crap....Barkers came today !!!
Damn Techquadshop... That was fast as hell !!! less than a week.
Thanks, you guys really gave great service.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts