Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of going to the 15 tooth due to the fact that 1st needs a bit more speed in holeshots and such. I only run 22's due to the need for ground clearance. Anyone here have a 15 with 22's? can you still launch in 2nd for drags?

Thanks!

PS I have gytr intake, exhaust, and pcIII

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have the 22's and the 15T AND I WEIGH 290 LBS ! ! ! ha ha ha..... i DONT launch in second gear... i HAVE to launch in first gear.... but my setup is perfect..... so with 15T and 22's, i am perfect for launching in 1st gear....

Plattner

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I have a 15 T and just put 22" mudlites for this weekend. i will let you know how iit works but I don't think it will be an issue. The bike has plenty of power for it. Right now I run 20" HD's and they are awsome.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I wanna know too if this makes a differnece in the gearing, i assume it will be very noticeable. I have a set of 22" haulers ordered for my son's Banshee, to help get the swingarm up and out of the sand he is 135 pounds, I think he will pick up momentum quicker, I just don't want him beating Dad, but I don't think that will happen yet, cause I've got way more money than he does :rofl:

·
Registered
902 Posts
This sounds like a good set-up for the sand. Watching this one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
with the 3 mods, I was happier running 22's in the sand with a 14/36 combo. It doesn't seem like much of a difference but I climb short steep hills a lot and that little extra torque was noticable. I also launched better for "racing" with that set up before piston upgrade.

15/38 - 2.5333
14/36 - 2.571

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I also climb short steep hills, and I bet it WOULD give up some low end torque with the larger tires( 22's) and the 15 tooth, but you also changed the back sprocket too? I have kept mine stock and don't really want to mess with the back unless of course there was a big difference.... G

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i think you will regret going with a 15t and 22" rears.. but you will have a kick ass top speed though, if the motor is their.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I ride strickly in the sand and I have been running a 15t with 22x11x10's and 22x11x8's with no problems and my bike only has an intake, dobeck and the sparky pulled. I didn't lose any low end torque and in fact seemed to gain in third gear where I didn't have it before. I do launch in second when the sand is really loose with no problems but if the sand is wet or still packed I launch in second and short shift to ride the torque wave. Hope that helps.

Craig,

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Thanks craig for your input, I am thinking about 22" hauler extreme's, is this what you have or are they V paddles? I have 20" V paddles now, and they hook up pretty good especially now that the sand is wet and packed. I am building my engine up this weekend, i am afraid without a swingarm and these extreme's the front end will be too hard to keep, But FUN ! :wootwoot:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
:haha:

Me???? What about your stubby swingarm,,,,I think you'r gonna be needing one that is a few FEET longer than the one you've got, Why not sell me yours so you can go buy the Mac Daddy for your Outrageously Powered Trench Digger??

·
Registered
338 Posts
I installed the 22" razr2 rears and am more than happy with the better gearing.1st threw 3rd really pull now.Next step 3 mods for the motor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts