Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started putting my 727 back together today and ran into a big interference between my LTE's and the accelerator pump on the FCR's. What's the secret to getting them to fit?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
cue music....enter stage left :lol:

AZ, do you have the trinity intake or the kenz intake? Here is the best I can offer with the trinity intake. At the midpipe support bracket where it mounts to the hell guards, put some washers between the support bracket and the mounting point on the right side, on the left side move the mounting bracket between the hell guar and the frame, this moves everything to the right inside the frame rails, do this with the head stud nuts and the clamps on the ltes loosened, then if that is not enough, you can use a hose clamp to pull the pipes over closer to the frame.

Those steps should get the pipes off the carbs but it might still be an issue if you ride trails and the carbs bounce around. I got so tired of it that I sold my LTEs and bought a set of Barkers :lol:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CoalShedRacing said:
cue music....enter stage left :lol:

AZ, do you have the trinity intake or the kenz intake? Here is the best I can offer with the trinity intake. At the midpipe support bracket where it mounts to the hell guards, put some washers between the support bracket and the mounting point on the right side, on the left side move the mounting bracket between the hell guar and the frame, this moves everything to the right inside the frame rails, do this with the head stud nuts and the clamps on the ltes loosened, then if that is not enough, you can use a hose clamp to pull the pipes over closer to the frame.

Those steps should get the pipes off the carbs but it might still be an issue if you ride trails and the carbs bounce around. I got so tired of it that I sold my LTEs and bought a set of Barkers :lol:
I have the Kenz intake. :help:

Have any Barker's in stock? :confused:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I can have them dropped shipped directly to you but before you do that, I understand that LTE has a redesigned mid pipe for sale that supposedly helps with the problem but I don't have any first hand expierence with it. I was also under the impression that a big reason kenz came out with their own manifold was to help with the clearance issues?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CoalShedRacing said:
I can have them dropped shipped directly to you but before you do that, I understand that LTE has a redesigned mid pipe for sale that supposedly helps with the problem but I don't have any first hand expierence with it. I was also under the impression that a big reason kenz came out with their own manifold was to help with the clearance issues?
I'll check with LTE and Kenz on the fitment issues on Monday. I'd rather keep the pipes in the frame if at all possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts