Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to not wheelie so much when racing on streets off the line. Anything I can do or add to stop this??

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Put a wheelie bar on the back. Or try a stiff shock setting the rear!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I bought a lowering kit for my raptor 4" in front/ 4" in back. This tremendously helped! And I have 3 mods.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
If you want to go cheaper than a swing arm, I would go lowering kit. Makes the bike look and handle better too! :thumbsup:

p.s. I can hammer the throttle on grass/dirt/mudd ect. and it wont even think about lifting the front end. On the street it will get about 2-3 in. off the ground in first and second (dropping the clutch and hammering the throttle)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So if I get longer a-arms in the front like +2 arms,,,don't I also need to widen to back also? And how? Any good prices ou there right now? Appreciate the help yall.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
If you get +2 a arms you do not have to have a wider rear axle. But it will increase handling and stability as the a-arms do. An axle I think is either $299 or $399 from durablue or you can get axle extenders from www.rockymountainatv.com for about $80

G

·
rey rey said:
So if I get longer a-arms in the front like +2 arms,,,don't I also need to widen to back also? And how? Any good prices ou there right now? Appreciate the help yall.
Like Machy said, you do not have to put a new axle on if you throw on +2 a-arms. However, if you decide you want one then you'll a +4. As for prices, just look at our sponsors and PM them.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
didn't someone say you could strap down the back, like compress the shock and put a tie down strap to hold it down?.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey I just order from rocky mountain the rear durablue extended hubs and front durablue spacers. Im looking at 2 1/2" per hub in rear and 1 1/2" i the front per hub. Hopefully it will help out alot. what can I put on to stretch my bike and make it longer?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
rear swing arm and thats it. I would not put a swing arm on if you are into cornering, jumping, going through tight areas, ect. though

·
Registered
429 Posts
A street style full face helmet will save on wind drag and a few thenths of a second.

·
Registered
511 Posts
just sit on the handle bars and fogetaboutit!! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Ok lets shed the rumor that if you widen your ATV, it will help/fix your wheeleing problems...NO IT WILL NOT, C'mon wake the hell up, widening only makes it handle better through the curves...whoever informed rey rey, that this will help him/her for wheeling...you couldn't be more wrong.

To lengthen or adjusting the rear shock, is what rey rey needs to do and NOTHING ELSE! Also, Straping the rear down can and will improve this to, but it is certainly not a pragmatic idea, if rey rey is interested in keeping it this way, all the time!

Widening/Lowering = stability in the tight and the twisties, braking and power slides
Lengthening = Hook-up, Power to the ground and not launching your front wheels skyward

This B.S. about do not install a longer swing-arm if you like to ride in the tight and twisty trails in just that, B.S....Yes if you go to an extreme length like 4+ inches then yes your ATV looses some of its ability to turn and flick it through the curves, but if you buy a 2" swinger, you will be fine and GREATLY Lessen Wheeling, in return.

Lowereing like Machy said, the way Machy did this was putting a lowering kit on his Raptor, now without knowing what type of rider you are and if you plan to do allot of jumping...he or she should not inform you to use these sorts of things...he or she could be putting you into danger...this type of lowering device is NOT Recommended for extreme jumping...they are NOT built for these types of forces.

If you plan to do these sorts of riding practices, you should steer clear of this lowering kit or you will risk serious injury!

All I am saying here is...PLEASE STOP THE NON-SENSE, Answer the persons question with truthfull and factual information, if you inofrm someone to get this or that and it doesn't help them in the way that they asked, then what did you do, you only cost them money that they did not need to spend and they got nothing from your suggestion.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have been jumping with my lowering kit for several months now, no problems. Just have to make sure you have the front brackets tight and they dont move at all. The rear lowering kit is just an extended bracket compared to the stock one.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I was thinking... The lowering kit doesn't really change your suspension at all, I thought it more or less just lowered your center of gravity. The shocks still have the same travel. I don't think anyone took the Sawzall to their shocks to lower a bike yet. I don't think you even lose much ground clearance with the kits I've seen. Your axle still attatches to the center of your tires right? I don't see how a $400 axle changes the geometry of forces on the bearing hub any different than the spacers, maybe I missed the train there? IMO ride how you feel comfortable riding. If you want to launch a 60 footer, by all means launch! I don't jump anything more than about 3' tall, but then again, I pay the bills at my house. As far as advise, buy a Chevy and shop at Wal-mart, if you do anything different than I do you are a dumbass! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts