Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a lil carried away riding a wheelie the other day... nearly broke my grab bar off, scratched my exhaust and pulled off the taillight housing. Needless to say i came home with a nice hole in my pants and mark on my ass 8)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Man, this brings out memories. :(
I broke 2 grab bars doing wheelies, the stock one an the baja, w/the second baja bar, broke the subframe aswell, fractured my ancle and wrist. :'(

To quote Hippy "if you don't practice you can't get better "

Glad you alright,
Be safe,
JW.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hey I just did the same thing this weekend. I also rolled mine. Go to bikebandit.com Thats where I bought the rear taillight plastic piece, the rubber bushings, the left front headlight assembly and some minor pieces for 80 bucks. Not too shabby. I had a rebel racing rear bar but Ive been through 3 of them so now im waiting for my prm to come in, hopefully that will be able to take a beating.

·
Registered
833 Posts
if it makes you feel any better i just bought my 3rd rear grab bar due to wheeling over to many times. shit happens

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Don't complain! At least you have dirt to ride on! We spent the last 3 weeks practicing racing on ICE! It's a blast but wheelies are tough to pull with limited traction. :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
blackraptor said:
I thought that the grab bar would stop you.....???
not the stock ones and the aftermarket better but they can only be bent back and forth so many times

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya.. the stocker isnt exactly the toughest thing in the way of you and the ground. I havent tested the pro armor yet (thankfully :lol:) but it seems to be built WAY tougher.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
YFZ RAPTOR 700R said:
your too good at wheelies because you burried your grab bar in the ground? that looks like my boys quad when he was learning how to wheelie. no offense but that picture is scary.
just a joke, im definitely not too good at wheelies lol, just good enough to go all the way back i guess

1 - 18 of 18 Posts