Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys new to the forum ..just picked up a used 2007 700 SE ...I want to know from owners how much use there 700's have before they had to do a valve adjustment ..I know mine has not had alot of use but hard to know fo rsure ...I dont have anywhere inside right now to take it apart and check myself ...again im just looking first hand approx amount of use. Thanks in advance this a great forum alot of awesome info !!

Also seems everyone has lean issues..when mine is started cold ..it blows a little black smoke ..normal or not !!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
After the first 20 hrs of use and then after every 50 hrs from there. And yeah this is a cool forum lol :beer:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I read the manual..after first 20 then every 160 hours ..so your saying you had to actually make an adjustment every 50 hours ..Im looking for times of actual adjustment not recommended checking.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have never done mine, I should prob check them soon, but it runs like a raped ape so I've been slacking on checking

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yes I check mine every 50 hrs or so and usually have one of the intake valves that needs adjusted. For some reason they tighten up a bit.
But if you want the factory recommended intervals then just read your manual. Obviously I'm just giving you my recommendation based on my experience :)

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
Yeah I read the manual..after first 20 then every 160 hours ..so your saying you had to actually make an adjustment every 50 hours ..Im looking for times of actual adjustment not recommended checking.
you never know when you actually have to make adjustments.
no bike is the same, some need adjustment every few sessions, others stay perfect for who knows how long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys ..Im such a maintenance freak I dont want to ride it until I know for sure ....the blue strips are still on the front tires ...so me thinks it should be fine. But still would like to hear from others about actual adjustment times !!

·
Registered
538 Posts
i have never done mine, i should prob check them soon, but it runs like a raped ape so i've been slacking on checking
ive had my quad for 3 years.....runs great but have to check my valves too i guess lol...havent done that

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I may be a little too much on maintenance....but, I check mine probably about every 30 hours or so....and more frequently right after any valve work, as they tighten up as the new valves seat.

Valve adjustment can affect your performance and if let go too long have very dire consequences on your motor.....All you guys that don`t check `em at all....good luck with that !....lol

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
The oval tracker gets checked after every hour of use............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts