Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear alot about the 01's being weak etc. I have a 04 that I got and 2nd gear was out of when I got it. And I cant find a transmission any place unless its a 01. So would I be ok with that or should I fork out the cash on a new one. I do mostly trail riding and messing around no race or anything. I guess I just want to know if the 01 would hold up or do they just all go out?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
No, not all of them. Some do go out, and some dont. You just have to ride it to find out if yours is weak. If you can get a '02+ I would pick it up, because I dont think it would be worth having a "surprise" while you are riding:D

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I know what you mean. They are a hot item in the 660 world. All the 01's I come across have had the trans issue. You can get a 01 if you want but the time tearing into it and putting it back together is not worth it IMO and lets just say I'm all about doing stuff cheap but would not do that. I've learned my lesson

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
40% of 01 tranny's have failed to date... I think it would be foolish to go backwards - you're inviting future failure AND gearing is somewhat taller on 01's - way too high IMO.

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
If you're considering an 01 tranny, you're not listening.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts