Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have these on there bikes do they work better then lte's I know the fit and finsh is better it looks like but if you look at the dyno sheet that was posted they only made 9hp more then the test bike did stock and how is the power curve there are many single pipes in the atv mag shoot out making over 50hp .so then I think we need to look at the power curve and see if it is better .That is why poeple say lte's are good becouse of the power curve .One more thing if duals are that great way don't you see many racers using they.I am not bashing dual set ups I have a set of lte's I am trying to make fit .Ijust wish I would have ask more ? before I got the duals

·
Registered
357 Posts
Racing = least weight. Single exhaust would weigh less. I can't speak for the barkers or lte since I haven't had them on the dyno together but I will say this.

Picking the right pipe should be based on what you plan on doing with the bike.

Example: Say you are a woods rider like myself. You can have 1-3 more HP/TQ over the next guy but it doesn't mean you are going to be a faster rider. Skills, conditioning, suspension...etc all play a bigger part than a pipe.

Some people want the "cool" factor or bling, that stuff doesn't interest me, I do like sharp looking bikes but I'm a Midwest rider and we don't strictly ride dunes. When I was younger all my money went into the motor. As I've become more experienced, although motor mods are good, I concentrate more on suspension setups. I find you can be way faster with the right suspension setup over say keeping stock suspension and building up just the motor. I'm not saying motor mods are not beneficial but for me suspension is key.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you're running LTE exhaust and its working for you there is not need to change. IMO, if you want to be a drag racer, buy drag pipes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i dont know if anyone knows forsure yet but the fit and finishes from other post says the fit and finish is good. i am waiting for raptorrandy to repost with his friends unbiassed dyno between the lte's and the barkers, each dyno is different this test that raptorrandys friend is doing is on the same dyno, same day so this will tell us the differences in the curve. many racers dont want the extra weight it seems to me or they may not be allowed not for sure on this part, but dont question the duals power because if you are not wearing them you are looking up the 2 holes in front of you. lol as far as the lte's go if yours are not fitting send them back for new ones or find someone that may have knowledge that can help you to get them to fit, or read the post here about fitting them. hope this helps but if you already have the lte's i would not trade for the barkers unless the dyno proves different, or you just have to finish on the top but someone will always beat you more than likely.

·
Registered
815 Posts
As soon as my Barkers come in.... I am going to go back to my dyno machine, that i used to dyno my bike with my LTE's..... and i am going to dyno my bike with the Barkers.....
- - Then i will report.... I had 57 hp and 48 torque with the LTE's so we will just have to see what the Barkers put out...
- - then after that run i will replace my stage II cam with my new stage III cam.... and i will make a run with my complete setup.... barkers and Stage III cam, PCIII, ported head, 11:1 pisston....

Plattner

·
Registered
113 Posts
The dealer I'm purchacing my Barkers from just sent me an e-mail confirming all the items I bought, In it he mentioned that the inframes Barkers I purchaced would require some trimming to my plastic's is this true? the picturs I've seen don't look like anyone had to modify anything to get them to fit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
never mind, just got my answer, I misunderstood him.. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
We offer two type of barker duals. The older model required trimming of the plastics to fit. You can see them on our website under the Raptor 700 category. They retail at $675

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Can someone P.M. and tell me how much the new in frame barkers from Rocket Factory are running. My brother just bought a new raptor 700 and wantts to buy my old pipe and need to know how much more i need to save for the Barkers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts