Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm in the market for new tires, and figure since I'm getting new tires why not get some wheels too, so that I can have two sets (stock and the new ones) I have been looking at the Hipers, and saw that i can get a set for a little over $700 so my question is..are they really worth the price tag? and also what size should i get for front and rear. I was thinking of getting the 9x9 for rear and the 10X7 up front and go with RazrII's. if i go with 20/11/9 would the tires balloon more at the side wall? If I went with a 10x10 wheel and got 20/11/10 would there be less side wall ballooning? :help:

·
Registered
410 Posts
TimelessR1 said:
Ok, I'm in the market for new tires, and figure since I'm getting new tires why not get some wheels too, so that I can have two sets (stock and the new ones) I have been looking at the Hipers, and saw that i can get a set for a little over $700 so my question is..are they really worth the price tag? and also what size should i get for front and rear. I was thinking of getting the 9x9 for rear and the 10X7 up front and go with RazrII's. if i go with 20/11/9 would the tires balloon more at the side wall? If I went with a 10x10 wheel and got 20/11/10 would there be less side wall ballooning? :help:
from what I am told "it will be the last wheels you ever buy"

;)

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I don't have them but after buying bajas which I like but are a little heavier. I wish I had went with the Hipers. I have the stockers, .190's (which I bent the front and rear the first time i rode with them), and Bajas. I could have had the Hipers with what I had spent but I din't know about them. My opinion get the Hipers. I have only heard good things and they warranty them the first year against anything.

Go For It....

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what i was figuring too. For the small price diffrence between ITP's and Hipers, i might as well get the hypers. They are also having some sort of promotion now too on their website. If you send them any old rim, they will give you a $50 off voucher per wheel. Now if the MSRP for 4 hipers is $800, that means that you can get them for $600

Now the question is what size rear should I be getting if I want to run RazrII's it seems that Maxxis only offers the RazrII with a width of only 11 no matter which rim size tire you get. So should i get the hiper 10x10 to accomidate the 11inch width of tire? or does it really not make a diffrence using a 9 inch wide rim and a 11 inch wide tire?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw those C-1's but Hiper doesnt warranty them at all if you are racing..which i might start considering...

·
Registered
24 Posts
are they worth it? yes! i've managed to break two rings on the hipers since december and i still wouldn't buy another rim. you will not be disappointed, a little expensive but you get what you pay for...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, you guys convinced me...Hipers it is!

But now what about size? Fronts I'll most likely be going for the 10x5 (but what off set should i get that will give me a little wider stance? the have a 3+2 or a 4+1)

And rears? Do I get the 10X10's or the 9X9's I'm going to get RazrII's to wrap them in, so which size tire would be best for the combinations...what's the reasoning?

:help:

I dont ride my quad in Jersey...its illegal...I just modify it and look at it in the gardge :thumbsup:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Stock replacement size is 10x5 3/2 offset and the 9x9 4/5 rear. The 4/1 offset will set you narrower by an inch each side. I would guess the size you want is up to you and if the tire you wish to run comes in a 10. They are very nice wheels by the way. You won't regret the purchase. Just make sure you follow the directions and torque specs.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Ok, here is what I think about the purchase of a set of HiPers...HiPer claims that there wheels are 5 times stronger than aluminum, and with this they are lighter too! Also, when something breaks on the HiPers, it can be replaced, with an aluminum wheel, you can tweak one a few times, but when you do it more than a few times, you will more than likely have to replace it. With the HiPers being a modular style wheel, this is never the case. Yes, the HiPers will be the last wheel that you will ever need, also HiPers have a multi pattern bolt circle design, so lets just say, if you sell your Rappy...:>OMG Did I just say that out loud<: but if do sell your Rappy and you go and get yourself another manufacturers ATV, these same HiPers will more than likely fit, your new ride, unless you purchase a non sport ATV!

Yes, a set of HiPers are a valid and very worthwhile purchase, I guess you could say, when you buy a set of HiPers - you are buying an Investment!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another vote for "YES". If you price other bead locks, the price difference is not too much. I have run a set on my YFZ for the last two dune seasons, and when I "upgraded" to my new 700R, I just bought new blue rings (match the Blue/White 700R pretty well) and swappped the wheels over. The double bead lock rears make it easy to swap/align paddle tires. Oh, as a final note........I have a pair of 9" Double beadlock Hipers for sale. I am going to run Hauler Extremes this season, and they don't come in 9", so I'm buying some more Hipers in an 8" size. They come with two sets of rings (red and blue) plus they already have a set of SandStar paddles mounted. I was asking $500 for everything (Wheels are $254 a piece, rings are $26 a piece (X4), and SandStars are $70 a piece= $752.00) I will entertain offers, however. (Or trade for some 8" Hipers with blue rings!)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
The heafty price tag, does it include tires? if so that's not bad. If not, wow that's lots of cash! I guess if you race or crash alot it doesn't sound bad. I have ITP t-9 pros .190. My buddy smacked into me. I beat him on a straight away, he was on my right, so I went left. Oh shit so did he! Smack. His front rim nailed mine, little scuff but no real damage. For that price I could have 2 sets of ITP rims, 1 dirt and 1 sand. Plus I dig the "chrome" look of high polished aluminum. Matter of opinion I guess, Unless I crash real bad, my T-9's are the last wheel I'll ever buy! If you like some color in your wheels, the diff. bead rings are a cool feature on the Hi-pers. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Originally quoted by Tejas59: "They come with two sets of rings (red and blue) plus they already have a set of SandStar paddles mounted. I was asking $500 for everything (Wheels are $254 a piece, rings are $26 a piece (X4), and SandStars are $70 a piece= $752.00) I will entertain offers, however. (Or trade for some 8" Hipers with blue rings!)"

That is a steel, are the HiPers the old style or the smoother style, by old style...I mean, the lug nut bell has ripples for I guess ridigity and the newer model lug nut bell, is smooth.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Originally quoter by: SandDragon: "For that price I could have 2 sets of ITP rims, 1 dirt and 1 sand"

Here is another cool factor of HiPers, when you want to switch to different tires, just let the air out of your tires, unbolt the Beadlocks (1) or (2), break One Bead (Rear) and pull the tire off. Then slip the new tier onto the HiPer (there's no stretching of tire with these wheels to mount the tire to the rim, less effort, less sore backs), re-bolt the Beadlocks on and fill w/air, ease of tire mounting is really worht it!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
SEVEN00 said:
Originally quoter by: SandDragon: "For that price I could have 2 sets of ITP rims, 1 dirt and 1 sand"

Here is another cool factor of HiPers, when you want to switch to different tires, just let the air out of your tires, unbolt, break One bead and pull the tire off. then slip the new tier onto the HiPer, re-bolt the Beadlocks on and fill w/air, ease of tire mounting is really worht it!
Did not know that! That sounds sweet! I have my sand paddles monted in my ITP's and stock tires on stock wheels. Gotta look good at the dunes!! :lol: So what kind of money are we talking for 4 Hipers, just the wheels, brand new? Anybody using the rim cover plates (the ones that keep the sand/dirt out of your rims)?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i know hiper says they are like 5 times stronger then aluminums, well even if they were 2x stronger then aluminums thats still good! And just the fact that I can mount my own tires saves cash right there too! I'm sold!

Does any one have pic of:

20/11/10 tire on a hiper 10X10

and a

20/11/9 on a hiper 9x9

i'm stilll trying to decide which to go with

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.