Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m taking my raptor to the shop tomorrow and my plan is to put in a know air intake/filter, stage 2 cams and an 11.1 piston. However I’ve been reading more and I hear of a lot of people putting in shocks with the stage 2 cams. Is that necessary?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
If by shocks you mean heavy duty valve springs, yes its necessary on a 660 with anything bigger than a stage 1

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
To jump on this thread, I know you need new springs but if I do a stage 2, do I need new valves? I have a 2002. I "heard" the valves were too soft on the 01 but can't find anything online about 2002 and up. Also how will I know if I need to shorten the valve guide? I read that some bikes need the center intake one modified and some bikes don't.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
In my opinion the OEM valves are fine, as long as they are not worn out. Keep in mind, its an older machine. Most of these have alot of time on them and since you have to have the head off anyway for the springs... when i did mine i had a local racecar shop cut my seats for the new valves. They only charged $55 for labor and i think the new valves were around $100 from partzilla. And i dont know about the valve guide

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts