Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting to the point where I need to get new tires on my 250... These are what I'm looking at now due to budget, :(but with the price are these reliable like the Maxxis Razr's I have on the rear now? ??? And along with the front tires I will be in need of new rims to match the 20x6x10 since the stock fronts are 20x7x10... Suggestions on front rims would be nice since the rears come in factory width... Thanks in advance

Here are the fronts:
http://www.motosport.com/atv/​DUNLO...RO​NT-TIRE-20x610?ride=YAMAHA;R​APTOR250;2011

And these are the rears:
http://www.motosport.com/atv/product/dunlop-quadmax-sport-radial-rear-tire-18x109/?id=115596

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

I'm sure someone has used or knows someone who has used these tires before...

·
Registered
437 Posts
hell raptors come with dunlops stock so cant be all bad but with this specific tire i havnt had much experience. some pricey tires for on a budget though lol not much less then some of the maxxis or holeshots

·
Registered
391 Posts
The 18x10x9 Holeshot's on Motosport are $73.99 and these ones your looking at are $83.99 I love the Holeshots and theyre cheaper so i'd go with those IMO

·
Registered
386 Posts
+1 on that

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dad and I agreed that he would buy the rear tires if I bought the rear rims... So I talked to the dealership that I am sponsored through and bought a set of Hiper Carbon Fiber Dual Beadlock rims, and mounted ITP Quad MX tires on them... Thanks for those who helped anyways...

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
what ply are those?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just put them on!!! They are 2ply but thicker than stock.. The 20 inchers are 4 ply..If they don't last long that's fine...The grip is crazy compared to stock...it just lifts up. Painted my axle and hubs while they were off the masking is still on just incase u were wondering.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just put them on!!! They are 2ply but thicker than stock.. The 20 inchers are 4 ply..If they don't last long that's fine...The grip is crazy compared to stock...it just lifts up. Painted my axle and hubs while they were off the masking is still on just incase u were wondering.
Where did you get them for $49?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm going to be getting some soon lol... That's really cheap. And those front tires will fit stock rims...

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have used ArTrax on every quad I have owned, no complaints here. Remember the MXT-R are for racing, the MXT is for trail riding. The 20X6X10 will fit fine on your stock front wheels.

1988 Suzuki LT250R QuadRacer
19X10X9 rear ArTrax MXTR
20X6X10 front ArTrax MXTR

2003 Suzuki LTZ400
20x11x9 rear ArTrax MXT
21X7X10 front ArTrax MXT

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My experience with ARTRAX's has been terrible... Went through 4 sets in 1 season... They all went flat...

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Yeah 2 ply is a bit thin...

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Get the 4 ply. They are not very heavy. I had a set on my YFZ450 and I loved them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts