Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my quad the other day and guess what I found?

A damn scotchlock!!!?? On my brand new $8000 quad!? I couldn't belive my eyes. Well I have soldered the wire up and its all good now, but I still don't believe a dealer would let this go out the door. Its gonna cause a problem sooner than later. I know its not a vital circuit or anything but I had to rant. Dealer will be getting an earful...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
When I brought my GYTR home the rear brake lever was bent and the return spring was missing.

They stole the part off another bike on the floor and got me on my way. I would be incredibly pissed if I found that on my bike. That being said, I did use scotchlocks for my license plate lights :haha:

Shawn

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
that sucks. why the hell was it on there anyway? wouldn't the factory have a soldered joint on the wire? when i bought my SE some stuff was wrong with it too, on all 4 wheels lugs were loose, no grease in anything, wires weren't tied back to handle bars, and some other stuff. so my dad calls the dealership and i ended up getting my $350, 20 hour inspection for free. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A scotchlock is a wire connector that you just squeeze with a pair of pliers and the metal tab slices through the insulation to make a connection. They are in no way waterproof and with all the vibration your lucky if the even stay connected. Its the lighter blue connector about 3 inches up the wire in the pics. I am guessing that the dealer maybe stole that connector for another job and quick fixed mine to get it out the door. Definitely not from Yamaha that way.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Im going to go look mine over. If it has that on there someone is getting kicked in the balls later today... :mad:

G

·
I know them as T-taps, and they corrode, they are for lazy people I'm gonna go check mine thanks for the post :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I thought a T-tap was a connector that spliced through a single wire with a space to plug in a male connector.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
The stealership charged me like $1000 for "setup". When I got home I had to pump 10+ pumps of grease in my a-arms. So, I went there, furious, all they ended up doing is giving me $7 tube of grease!!! Slap in the face!!! Won't be buying my 500 Banshee there that's for sure. :lol: :lol: :grin_nod:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts