·
Registered
64 Posts
Queen Creek/ Johnson Ranch area here. Lots of good riding around here

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

HEY JOHNNY BAJA,

I'M OVER IN PHOENIX I WOULD LIKE IF POSSIBLE TO GET DIRECTIONS TO THE "PIT".I'M CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT SO IF YOU CAN HELP IT WOULD BE GREAT.BUT OF COURSE BEFORE I RIDE I GOTTA GET THE DAMN THING BACK FROM THE ENGINE SHOP. THANKS BRO -JAKE

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
316RAPTOR said:

HEY JOHNNY BAJA,

I'M OVER IN PHOENIX I WOULD LIKE IF POSSIBLE TO GET DIRECTIONS TO THE "PIT".I'M CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT SO IF YOU CAN HELP IT WOULD BE GREAT.BUT OF COURSE BEFORE I RIDE I GOTTA GET THE DAMN THING BACK FROM THE ENGINE SHOP. THANKS BRO -JAKE
These are quoted from Johnny on page one........

DIRECTIONS TO THE PIT:

Take Bell Road West past the 303, (Bell Road turns into the Sun Valley Parkway) past MM 121, look for your first dirt road on your right and turn right, take this dirt road until you come to the Arizona Central Canal, go across bridge and make a quick left, take this road all the way down to the river bottom, there is a nice area to stage on your left or if your truck is 4WD you can cross the river bottom continue heading West to the PIT. The river bottom has some soft sand and I’ve seen several people get stuck with 2WD trucks when crossing. If you stage on the East side of the river bottom, drop into the river bottom and take road/trail West and you will run into the Pit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in Laveen, but always go to the east side at 4 peaks or Sycamore. Hassayampa is pretty cool, they have sand drags out there. They set up a light tree and everthing sometimes. The Drags just happen to be on my company's land (Rinker) which I am surprised they haven't tried to stop.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Getting ready to move to Yuma I can't wait to ride down there!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cave Creek AZ here. RidePima and Dynamite most wekeends-
I found a very nice 42 mile loop that is a great mix of tight quad trails, mid to high speed trails, and of course the big wash. My last run was about 90 minutes.

This weekend I'm racing whiplash, so can't meet till the 24-25 Feb weekend.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
There is an outside chance that I will have my quad repaired by then. I'll know for sure by Monday. If I get it repaired, I would like to a group out to the "PIT". I'll keep you guys posted on how the repair goes.

-Johnny

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
North Phoenix here. We normally ride 11.5 but I'd like to checkout 'The Pit' some time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Cave Creek Raptor, Where do you ride thats a 42 mile loop? Im near you in N. Phx.

Thanks!

·
Registered
497 Posts
doord521 said:
Getting ready to move to Yuma I can't wait to ride down there!!!!
I did not know people moved to Yuma on purpose! At least you'll be close to the dunes.

·
Registered
497 Posts
jrichard82 said:
rvrrappy said:
we all live in lake havasu and ride all over here

I'm moving to Havasu in a couple of weeks. We'll have to plan a ride or something.
What brings you to Havasu (other than nice weather and bikinis)?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
North, do you ride locally in Havasu? i have heard rumors of a dune like place called the sandbar. Ever heard of it? I am usually in Havasu for the weekend all summer...

·
Registered
497 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
North, do you ride locally in Havasu? i have heard rumors of a dune like place called the sandbar. Ever heard of it? I am usually in Havasu for the weekend all summer...
It's actually called Crystal Beach. You can only get to the sandbar by boat. It's got sandy hills with gravel mixed in at the base. It makes for good riding in the winter but summertime is punishing on you and your bike. I take the kids and their rappy's there and they follow Amy and I in the Rhino. I'll get pics next time I'm out there.

·
Registered
510 Posts
headingnorth said:
jrichard82 said:
rvrrappy said:

I'm moving to Havasu in a couple of weeks. We'll have to plan a ride or something.

My girlfriend and her parents are moving there and asked me if I wanted to come along. The first thing I plan on doing is registering my Raptor so I can have a new everuday driver. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
497 Posts
jrichard82 said:
headingnorth said:
jrichard82 said:
rvrrappy said:

My girlfriend and her parents are moving there and asked me if I wanted to come along. The first thing I plan on doing is registering my Raptor so I can have a new everuday driver. :grin_nod:
Are you going to stay in the ATV biz (I see you are a sponsor on this site)?

·
Registered
510 Posts
headingnorth said:
jrichard82 said:
headingnorth said:
jrichard82 said:
rvrrappy said:

Are you going to stay in the ATV biz (I see you are a sponsor on this site)?
I am planning on staying in the business. Right now things are a little slow and I'm not doing a lot of marketing because I'm gearing up for the move. However, sometime in April or May I will be getting more inventory, updating the site and pushing to sell some stuff.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I know of the sand bar in the middle of the river. Is Crystal Beach accesible by road?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Crystal Beach is not really a beach at all; just big cliffs by the water. There are 3 main roads that run through the area.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey what's up people. some friends and I are going for a ride next sunday 04-01-07 to crown king we are leaving from lake pleasant to crown king. Just wanted to let you guys know, if you would like to go?

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts