Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys use these. I found a good deal on full sets but don't know much about them. Thye should work with Pro Armor Nerfs right?

Jay

·
Registered
226 Posts
A couple of members here have armadillo plates....I don't know too much about 'em; but they should work with pro armor nerfs.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Full Armadillos here. Work great the only problem I have with they is the fact they left an inch (ish) of exposed a arm. On the front of the arm. I dont know why the did, but they did. Other then that, They are holding up great. Saved alot of frame damage. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just installed Armadillo's full skid. I like it and the quality was great. I'd suggest throwing some stick on foam (from the hardware store) onto the frame to keep vibe noise down. I went with the proarmor swingarm skid though b/c It looked like it had more clearance and it also has a slot for a tow strap. Btw the pro-armor is also top notch stuff.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has there actually been a problem with damage on the Raptor useing the stock skids or do all of you just ride in a lot of rocks? I am looking into them but I have never bought an aftermarket skid for any of my several quads.

Jay

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went ahead ond got the full set of Armadillo skids of ebay. They better work with Pro Armor Nerfs :eek:

Jay

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good choice - a guy on this forum reported cracking his engine case on a rock with the stock skid. He got a metal belly skid after replacing his engine case and recommended them to everybody. Cheap insurance!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Its always better to be safe then sorry. 8)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Metal skids are mandatory where I ride in North Carolina. Lots of big chunks of granite.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We don't have much for rocks and stumps but I ordered the full set off Ebay, 239 shipped for all of them just seemed like a great deal. I also ordered AC Black Pro Pegs so hopefully they all work together.

Jay

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
BJH said:
Metal skids are mandatory where I ride in North Carolina. Lots of big chunks of granite.
Same here in AZ, its rocky rocky and more rocky.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cobra makes some kick A$$ skids. Check them out @ monkeybutt.com. I ride the mountians NC,TN and KY. Slam alot of big rocks!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts