Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was set on buying some of the chromoly American Star +2 +1 standard travel a-arms but now I've done some research and found that the heim joints may be an issue.

So do most a-arms have a heim on the top and a ball joint on the bottom instead of 2 heims? So I'm wondering if you could just knock out the bottom heim on the ASR's and slap a ball joint in there.

Because for $400 shipped the ASR's can't be beat, especially with the lifetime unconditional warranty. But, if I'm going to be fighting heim joints that sucks. Otherwise they seem to be the ideal a-arms.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I've been running heims for a few years now with no complaints. If you're going to be in the mud a lot I'd advise against them but otherwise I'd have no hesitation in getting them again.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I run them too, ASR to be matter of fact. I have the teflon coated heims. Never had a problem. Before the tef heims a shot of wd40 after a wash was the only maintenence I did. Now I dont do crap to them. Use red locktite on any suspension related hardware.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts