Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering about the ASV brake and clutch levers. are there any pros and cons or advantages and dis-advantages between the standard length and shorties length in brake / clutch levers. are they really worth the price ? Thanks for the input.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Shorties just give you a little more ridding fatigue from the lack of leverage, but look better IMO.

·
Registered
528 Posts
With hand guards on mine the shorties were too short and went with std length. Depending on how much stuff you have on your bars the shorties may come up too short. Std length are noticeably shorter than the stock levers.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I actually like the shorties and wished I could of gotten a deal on them like the std ones. The shorties felt better to me, ie easier to use imo. You'll have to cut off the stock clutch perch and cut and tie together the clutch wires so you can start in any gear, just make sure you use the clutch or have it in neutral.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have the standard length levers and love them, it is amazing that just changing levers can make such a big difference! They are comfortable!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
1.5" shorter.

I have so many ASV kits in stock right now. Whatever you need I will have.
That is a great comparison picture. Do you lose the brake light switch? Would you happen to have a picture of the clutch side? I ride trails so I don't have to clutch as often as you would on the track so short levers would be great for me since I usually use two fingers anyway. And what does a set like that run for?
Sorry for stepping in on your thread erogudo. I hope you find my questions relative to you and your questions.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Brake light still works. Sorry dont have a picture of the clutch side but I could take a picture of an ASV standard clutch and ASV Shorty clutch if you would like?

Price is $145 for a set of pro packs delivered within US.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys for your feed back. it helps a lot when your planning to purchase an item for your bike and your not sure about the product. by all means HOMESTEADRAPTOR700 if it can help us build a better and reliable RAPTOR LETS SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE !!! RAPTOR FORUM RULES!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Brake light still works. Sorry dont have a picture of the clutch side but I could take a picture of an ASV standard clutch and ASV Shorty clutch if you would like?

Price is $145 for a set of pro packs delivered within US.
Thank you but that won't be necessary for me but maybe others would like to see. I can't buy it right now anyway. I just recieved a violation from a Red light camera of me making a right turn on red without stopping this is going to cost me $158.00. So hopefully next month will be good for me.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts