Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know if im gonna be cussin while tryin to install new clutch and brake levers, im gettin better but im not all that mechanically inclined

·
Registered
94 Posts
dont know but have been thinking about changing mine also. i guess i get a preview of what it will be like from you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I just installed a set on my SE. The only thing that was different was the clutch perch, you need to move the switch housing to the other side ( inside ) so the clutch will close. Also pay attention to the adjusment nut and where it may come into contact with the grip. Other than those small details I think they where money well spent, about half the reach distance from stock!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
well worth it to change out the levers if you ask me. Not sure about the ASV but I did the stock 06 yfz levers with adjustable clutch and brake lever. Made a good diff. The brake is much closer and better feeling. 2 finger type.
The clutch I can adjust on the fly right there at the perch. The lever is also not near the reach as that stock hunk of crap! Its where its suppose to be.

Good luck, and hope you like the ASV's......anything is better than that stock clutch lever/perch!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup, they are cool i havent been on a "good" ride yet however they bolted up alright and they felt good. thanks for the responses

·
Registered
767 Posts
135boom said:
well worth it to change out the levers if you ask me. Not sure about the ASV but I did the stock 06 yfz levers with adjustable clutch and brake lever. Made a good diff. The brake is much closer and better feeling. 2 finger type.
The clutch I can adjust on the fly right there at the perch. The lever is also not near the reach as that stock hunk of crap! Its where its suppose to be.

Good luck, and hope you like the ASV's......anything is better than that stock clutch lever/perch!
Any pics of the YFZ levers, did you buy them from Yamaha or find a used setup?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Asv Levers

Just got a set of ASV Levers for my 2008 700R need help. The clutch lever: what do I do with the switch and parking brake, it will not fit with this. Also the brake lever is thiner and missing the part of the original that activates the stop light switch. Any pic so I can figure this thing, no instructions came enclosed with the levers.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
Just got a set of ASV Levers for my 2008 700R need help. The clutch lever: what do I do with the switch and parking brake, it will not fit with this. Also the brake lever is thiner and missing the part of the original that activates the stop light switch. Any pic so I can figure this thing, no instructions came enclosed with the levers.
The clutch witch you can just zip tie under your plastics somewhere. You don't need it. I did it with mine and it works like a charm. Just make sure you have the clutch in when you start it, when not in neutral.

As far as the brake lever, you got the wrong one. I think the one you got was for a 450. I had the same thing and I called and got the right one sent out.

Its easy to install the levers. Took me about 20 minutes i think. And that only took so long cause I upgrade my cables as well and installing it in the throttle housing was a biotch. :D Well worth the money IMO.

·
Are Ya Jealous
393 Posts
my buddy installed these on his Z and he went with the regular lenth, I want the shorties since I only use 2 fingers but his made me second guess the shorties cause I could only get 2 fingers on his clutch. Anyone have this problem on the 700??

·
Are Ya Jealous
393 Posts
hmm

·
Are Ya Jealous
393 Posts
See if I can get a bite with this question, any one installed the asv shorties with the powermadd hand gaurds? If so, were they too short? If not, can I see a pic of where you put the handgaurds? Looking at my handgaurds and stock levers it seems that the shorties may not work. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
well i do have the powermadd hand guards and getting ready to install the shorty , but i totally forgot about the parking brake:eek:??? so now i need to find a way to keep it and install it back on the handle bars .::)

·
Registered
328 Posts
well i do have the powermadd hand guards and getting ready to install the shorty , but i totally forgot about the parking brake:eek:??? so now i need to find a way to keep it and install it back on the handle bars .::)

Just use the stock clutch mount and cut off the mounts for the clutch lever, then mount your parking brake back on the handlbars next to your new clutch mount.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I want some of these real bad but apparently the shops here have been having trouble getting them at this rate im gonna have to have a holiday and get them myself :eek:

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
i hate to ask this but can you get a close up of both the left side and right side of the handle bars.:D its a litttle hard to see in this pic. thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
Could you send me your asv levers please mate and ill test them out on mine ::):p

·
Registered
237 Posts
I recently installed the F3 Series ASV levers on my 2011 Raptor 700. I've attached pix below for anyone who gives a rip. I ended up cutting the original OEM clutch perch as suggested earlier in this thread. (thanks!). Notice I purchased one of the short handles for the parking brake from Rox. This I thought was pretty sexy.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I'd be glad to pass on my experience to anyone who needs it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts