Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my levers came in today and I go to put them on. I get the clutch perch on no problem. I go to install the brake handle and the asv lever is wayyy to thick to fit. Am I missing something? Did I get the wrong lever or is the brake reservoir perch not for a 700? I don't think its the latter because my brake light works and everything. So why wont this damn thing fit?

Attachments

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
i think you have a '08 asv kit and you have a '06 '07 raptor 700 i guess.

the brake lever is different from '06 and '08

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The listing says it fits 07 08 09. My bike is an 06 so maybe they changed it in 07 and up?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I need to go look for an 07 and up front master cylinder, since it was my fault thinking they were all the same.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
The listing says it fits 07 08 09. My bike is an 06 so maybe they changed it in 07 and up?
the change was between 06 and 07, you got the wrong model. if you go to tqs's website there is an option for 06 and older and 07 and newer...

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
I guess I need to go look for an 07 and up front master cylinder, since it was my fault thinking they were all the same.
i had the same problem but the other way around.
i bought a other brake adapter.
you can buy the part loose.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a master on ebay. Thanks guys, these levers feel great. Well the clutch does LOL.

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
the change was between 06 and 07, you got the wrong model. if you go to tqs's website there is an option for 06 and older and 07 and newer...
sorry, my bad, i thought it was between 07 and 08:brick:

@rap660: good luck, you will be pleased with the ASV,s when done.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also now my bike won't start without the clutch wire plugged in. What did you guys do, cut the wire and spliced them together?

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
just disconnect it from the harness and leave it that way.
in other words you can only start when clutch is in neutral.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I unplugged it from the harness and it wouldn't crank at all. So I cut it, connected the 2 wires together and plugged it back in the harness, and now it works great.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I cut my wire about 1" from the connector spliced them together use some electrical tape and some small zip ties just to keep the tape from coming off. No problems and it starts the same way it used too.

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
I cut my wire about 1" from the connector spliced them together use some electrical tape and some small zip ties just to keep the tape from coming off. No problems and it starts the same way it used too.
when you do it that way you will be able to start all times even when the quad is clutched in and that could go wrong.
the switch acted as a safety measure that you have to hold the clutch before you can start it.
i haven't shortcircuit it to prevent accidental starting, i only have to clutch to neutral before i can start it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So just to confirm, if you want to put ASV levers on you

A: Lose your handbrake
B: Lose ability to start quad with clutch in (eg must be in neutral)

Just want to double check this before I order them.

Also I saw a pic of a raptor where the owner had relocated their handbrake lever. Anyone else done that?

In the UK quads are road legal so we have to retain a handbrake for their annual MOT test.

Thanks

Doug

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
A: you can simply relocate the handbrake if you want to keep it.
B: you can shortcircuit the wires but then you can start the engine when clutched in wich i deff. would not recommend.
there are asv levers with the so called Hotstart buttons on it but i dont know if they have it for the rappies to.

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
no probs.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
So just to confirm, if you want to put ASV levers on you

A: Lose your handbrake
B: Lose ability to start quad with clutch in (eg must be in neutral)

Just want to double check this before I order them.

Also I saw a pic of a raptor where the owner had relocated their handbrake lever. Anyone else done that?

In the UK quads are road legal so we have to retain a handbrake for their annual MOT test.

Thanks

Doug
A: no you can relocate it. But I just took mines all the way off.
B: If you connect the clutch wires together you can start the bike in gear. But then it will be able to start even if your in gear without pulling in the clutch. Just remember to pull the clutch in whenever starting it up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.