Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my ASV lever today and was wondering why everyone switches to the YFZ perch before I install them? My lever says it is for a YFZ perch but it should fit my Raptor Right?

Jay

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one runs ASV Lever :3question:

Jay

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
desdak4 said:
No one runs ASV Lever :3question:

Jay
the YFZ lever is thicker. You'll have to open up your 700 perch a bit....which could give you problems with "not-so" smooth operation, due to the surfaces not being flat anymore.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Spoke with Chris at ASV today, He told me they will have clutch levers for the Raptor perch ready in April.....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, that is no good. ATV Galaxy sold me a set of levers and the clutch lever says it is for the YFZ. So they basicly sold me something that will not work :mad:.

Jay

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I just installed myASV clutch perch and lever combo last weekend, and it works great. I did have to change the start button to the other side of the perch because when I pulled the clutch lever, it hits the start button housing. I'll try to get a pic later and post it. It is a universal ATV setup.
Grant

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I figured out what happened here. I jsut went back Ebay and looked at the auction that I won (buy it now) and it says right there that what I bought was the Brake Lever and full Clutch Lever and Perch. So I need to call ATV Gallaxy and find out where the hell my perch is.

Jay

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey desdak, were did u get ur asv levers from?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought the set Clutch lever/Perch and Brake lever from ATV Galaxy on Ebay. The clutch is a universal unit and you will have to get rid of the switch that is used for starting. I paid 138 shipped for the entire setup.

Jay

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I didn't have to remove the start switch, i just loosened it and slid it towards the center about 2 inches and put the perch next to the grip with a little gap. I havn't ridden with it yet but I think it will be ok, i'll try to post a pic of it later today. Grant

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, I didn't mean the starter switch. I am talking about the little switch in the stock clutch perch that ingauges when you pull the clutch in to start the bike in gear. I believe all you havve to do here is cut those two wires and hook them together and you are done, correct?

Jay

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone put the ASV Brake lever on the 2007 Raptor? I just realized the front brake is ressi is different with it being adjustable and all. The lever I got says it fit the 06 so does it fir the 07?

Jay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts