Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my ASV levers on. For those of you who have done this, what did you do with the factory cable that was hooked up to the clutch?

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what are the Part Numbers on your levers? You did Clutch and Brake right?

I would have to go the garage and look at the wires on the clutch to know for sure and it si -20 Degrees right now so sorry :eek:. If ther eare only two wires you should be able to strip them and twist them together. that is how it was on my old 400EX but I have not got to takle this because ATV Galaxy didn't send me the right levers the first time.

Jay

·
Registered
689 Posts
After replacing the perch, just take the switch and wire tie it up under the hood. You shouldn't have to cut, splice anything. Least that it what worked for me. I just wire tied it back to the wire harnes. I also tried to unplugg it, but that did not work. It only let me start it in neutral that way. So plugged it back in and WAAALLLLAAAA i can start it in gear. Just make sure ya pull the clutch in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Unplugged it and left it off, I will eventually see what my buddy can do for fabricating it. Hopefully it'll work

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Xlr8hers said:
Unplugged it and left it off, I will eventually see what my buddy can do for fabricating it. Hopefully it'll work
You could just go with a cheaper YFZ setup that has the adjustable clutch wheel at the perch. Then you dont have a problem with "where to put the nuetral switch" AND you get an adjustable clutch pull out of it, right there at the perch....so its an "on the fly" adjustment.
Saves money and works great! Much smoother and lighter pull, and the lever is a lot closer than that stock junker.
Same with the brake lever for all you 06 guys.

ASV made there name on dirtbikes cause of the folding levers. I dont think thats going to mean too much on a quad. Levers are still going to bend and break with a 400lb roll over accident weather they fold back or not...HAHA!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do exactly what vanillagorilla said to do, a while back I had the same exact question don't cut anything leave it plugged in!!!!!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
135boom said:
You could just go with a cheaper YFZ setup that has the adjustable clutch wheel at the perch. Then you dont have a problem with "where to put the nuetral switch" AND you get an adjustable clutch pull out of it, right there at the perch....so its an "on the fly" adjustment.
Saves money and works great! Much smoother and lighter pull, and the lever is a lot closer than that stock junker.
Same with the brake lever for all you 06 guys.

ASV made there name on dirtbikes cause of the folding levers. I dont think thats going to mean too much on a quad. Levers are still going to bend and break with a 400lb roll over accident weather they fold back or not...HAHA!
How did you adapt the stock raptor cable to the stock yfz perch ?
the cable on the raptor is allot thicker than the one used on the yfz .
I also sent you a pm thank for aany info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's cheaper to go with the whole assembly rather than buy all the parts separately here's the part # for the lever assembly 5TG-82910-00-00
Toddster said:
Thanx Boom, sounds like a great set up ! Cann you throw some part numbers out there ? Shit, my clutch lever hits my powermadd hand guards !

·
Registered
299 Posts
I too was thinking about going to the YFZ levers. After reading the posts, my question is. On the yfz clutch\perch assembly, does everything go on and fit perfectly?, meaning the clutch cable, neutral switch and the parking brake from my 06 700? Thanks.

·
Registered
683 Posts
neutral switch and the parking brake from my 06 700 work perfect
If you see above my question to 135boom was about the cable
the 700 is larger and will not fit into th e yfz adjuster
He has not gotten back to me on this so I am having a friend make one for me
it will be a exact copy as the yfz adjuster screw but only with a larger end to receive the 700 clutch cable

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.