Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 2008 Raptor 700 and i bought the ASV Pro Levers (they look sweet). How the heck do i install the clutch side and keep the parking brake or is keeping that parking brake not an option with these levers???

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I don't have them but from what I understand you cannot use your p-brake with them. However Woods mounted his in a reall cool spot on the frame somewhere by his left leg if I remember right! Maybe he'll chime in with a picture for you! Or you can always just get a block off plate but I like mine for when I'm tying down.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carp that is exactly what i use mine for and i hate to loose it. it seems stupid that i would have to give that up just for some new damn levers. LOL

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dont think you can keep the parking brake in the handlebars. I removed the hole thing and installed the block off plate by the swingarm. looks a lot cleaner

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think you can keep the parking brake in the handlebars. I removed the hole thing and installed the block off plate by the swingarm. looks a lot cleaner
do you have any pics?

Is the parking brake using the front brake or the rear brake?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Rear brake

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
I don't even miss my parking brake. I just leave it in gear when I need it to stay put. Plus the cleaner look of the handlebars is a big + IMO.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm maybe i will just pull the dang thing. Do you disconnect the brake cable? if so where is the other end to disconnect? I know you have to zip tie the clutch cable up somewhere.
they say you have to pull in your clutch when you start your bike when you take the clutch cable off. why is that?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't even miss my parking brake. I just leave it in gear when I need it to stay put. Plus the cleaner look of the handlebars is a big + IMO.

one other thing i see that you used the red asv clamp thingy. did that just replace the one that come with it? mine also came in the same package as the clamp a brass looking grommit of sorts. what the heck is that piece for??

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
The small parts in there are for a rebuild down the road. And yes, the clamp just replaces the stock one.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one other thing i see that you used the red asv clamp thingy. did that just replace the one that come with it? mine also came in the same package as the clamp a brass looking grommit of sorts. what the heck is that piece for??
What is the switch in the left side if ur bars? What did u do with the parking brake cable after u pulled the brake lever?
By the way sweet looking rappy!!!!!

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
hmmm maybe i will just pull the dang thing. Do you disconnect the brake cable? if so where is the other end to disconnect? I know you have to zip tie the clutch cable up somewhere.
they say you have to pull in your clutch when you start your bike when you take the clutch cable off. why is that?
I took off the e-brake lever, cable, and mechanism off the rear caliber (That is what the block off plate is for). As for the wires, I just zip tied them to my bars. I never pull my clutch in when I start it. I just throw it in neutral and start her up. As for the the switch on the left side of my bars, it's a FLY Racing kill switch that I use for my horn button. I got tired of the cheap kill switch buttons falling apart on me. And thanks for the props!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah that bike is lookin sweet stuckey! I bet your gonna miss it when youleave on your deployement or whatever it is. Make sure to leave a tender on it or maybe even disconnect the battery all together.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Make sure to leave a tender on it or maybe even disconnect the battery all together.
Or you can just leave it at my house and i take care of it :) lol

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Yeah Carp. I am definitely going to have to get some stuff together for my baby before I go. Tender included. I got three weeks until I leave for 6-8 months, and it's still in the shop eating up the last of my ridding time. It's suppose to be in the 80s again all next week. :-( And Manny, I'm sure you would love that! HaHa! It's only a little bit faster then the last time you saw it (and I'm a little broker, lol).

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Didn't you just have a new baby? And you're leaving for that long? Damn bro that sucks :(

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
By baby, I meant the quad, lol. I just have the one daughter, and she is seven.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ok i have a 2008 Raptor 700 and i bought the ASV Pro Levers (they look sweet). How the heck do i install the clutch side and keep the parking brake or is keeping that parking brake not an option with these levers???
Yes you can keep your parking brake on the bars with the asv levers, I did on mine a long time ago..
You just cut or grind the parking brake off your stock clutch and re attach to the stock clamp. Works great and looks stock with asv levers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts