Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Right now I'm riding an 03 z400 with pretty much every engine mod available. Athena BB kit, FCR40mm carb, cams, CDI pipe, etc. It does very well, but at 6'3" 225# it lacks a little on the top end. :)

In ice drags (fully studded with sled studs) it will pull about 63mph. On tar around 70mph, just a little slower than my buddies 660R. I pull from the start, he catches, we're dead even in drags until top end.. he slowly pulls me then. (he's about the same size).

But my problem is I never really cared for the 660R. I thought it vibrated a lot (engine) compared to my Z (smooth...). Not as bad as the predator, though, which I've also ridden. Tippy, and the quality of build didn't suit me very much.

My local Yami dealer has a new 06 LE rappy that they want to unload. He's quoted $6300 for it. Doesn't seem bad. IF it was a true SE with the shocks, then it would be a good deal.

I love the yellow color. My next sport ATV will be FI (as will my next utility quad, being an 04 Rincon now). The redesigns look nice. The extra CCs are nice.

I'm at the crossroads.. keep the Z (I mean, for most it's more than enough power), buy the new rappy LE, or wait for the pred 525. I love my Z, just think I'm a little big for it. The new rappy is sweet and has a ton of potential. The new Pred when it comes out is supposed to be the shizit. But while KTM makes sweet motors, upgrade potential may not be as good (and it's not FI).

Main question here is, is $6300 fair for an 06 LE? Or should I shoot for lower. :) I don't dare look at it today.. I'm an impulse buyer.. lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
i just bought a new 06 for 6000 otd. 6300 isnt a bad price!!!!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hey bro, that price is a little high... i would say $6000.... i mean i know dealers that are trying to sell the 06's for around $5700.... so i mean if you think that a "SE" should be around $300 to $500 dollars more... then $6000 isnt that bad.... i wouldnt pay over $6000....
Where are you from? bcs im from Missouri, and bikes are a lot cheaper here then like in Cali....
So i think it all depends on where you are from...
I mean what price are they shooting you on a 2007... my best friend just bought a 2007 raptor 700 for $6450.....
Plattner

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im in MN. Not even sure they have any 07s in yet. The comment was he wanted to move the last couple 06s first before getting the 07s in.

Dang.. if I didn't love to buy stuff so much, I could easily keep the Z... but that new design and the color of the Anniversary edition is just calling me... I drive right by it on my errands this noon hour too.. ugh.. lol!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
If you are going wait for a quad then wait for a KTM quad, that is what I am hoping for. That or the new Kawi. 450 is supposed to be sweet. I think 6300 is not a a good deal. I would not even consider it over 6000. I could have had the '06 yellow for that price when I purchased mine and that was before the '07 even came out.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
If it is a 06 700 Se yellow they don't have upgraded shocks.. Its just the different color. Was $6300 out the door?? If it was i would try to get it to $6000 OTD.. I payed $6500 OTD in the end of September 06.. I now wish i would have waited till the white and blue SE came its so hot!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts