Raptor Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out and has a way to get a hold of Chris.

He's now had a swingarm of mine since Feb 11th that he was supposed to extend +4 inches for me. I wasn't in a hurry, but this is almost 4 months now. I think I have been patient to a fault with this one.

He stopped responding to my phone calls and PM's at the beginning of May, so that prompted me posting here if anyone knew him and could get in touch with him.

Shortly after that, I got an email from him apologizing for taking so long, that the swingarm was finally done, and that he lost my shipping address, so to send it to him again and he would get it shipped out.

That was a little over two weeks ago and again he has stopped answering my calls and PM's. No confirmation that the swingarm did ship and no swingarm has arrived.

No one can be so busy that they can't take 2 mins to send a PM confirming the swingarm shipped and give a tracking number. I don't think that is asking too much, especially after 4 months has gone by.

I don't know what is going on here, as he is a prominent member of this forum, has helped further the raptor platform (clutch arm extenders, dual shifter's, etc, etc) and has helped many people out on this forum. Plus, he has an amazing trail raptor and is building a really nice drag raptor.

Whatever it is, it is time this came to an end. I either need the extended swingarm shipped with confirmation, or the money I paid him ($310 on Feb 12th) PLUS the $100 I paid for the stock swingarm in his possession.

I am only posting this because I am at wits end and he refuses to communicate any further.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'll call him now see if I get thru I know his computer crashes and car shop got super busy.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I talked to Chris. He said swinger ready to go just got side tracked with the hotrod shop getting swamped. He says he's gonna contact you. I'll be at his shop the 25-26 to pick up my new build he did. He does the quads as side jobs when shop is slow. Hope I helped

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yet another two weeks because he couldnt find the time to ship it. It sucks especially since I have told him I have a major mountain quad trip two weeks from now.

I sure hope it ships soon........

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Whole lot of time to get the job done, and a lot of money to do it. $410'll get you a used SLC/Eyeball/LSR/K&Q etc...

THIS SUCKS. That much time from any vendors and members here would be flaming them to no end...

Chris, get the man his parts. If you can't get the work done, send him his money and stock swinger back along with an apology.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the absurdity of this all continues. We are now at 4.5 months and counting. I finally get a hold of Chris Thurs June 9th where he promised it would ship that day or Friday. I called him Tuesday June 14th to confirm it shipped since I never heard from him. He said he was sorry, but it just shipped Tues. He gave me a FedEx tracking number, but said and I quote "the tracking number may not show up until the package clears customs".

Well, one week later, no package at my door, and the tracking number still does not show up on the FedEx system. So I call FedEx. They basically tell me that there is no such thing as a tracking number that does not show up until a package clears customs. As soon as a package is dropped off at a FedEx depot, it is entered into their system and will show up and be tracked in their system.

So yet again, I have nothing to make me think the swingarm has shipped yet. I left a message with Chris yet again, but of course no answer, just voicemail. The only way I got a hold of him on the 9th and 14th was to call his place of work. He won't return any of my numerous voicemails I have left him on his personal cell.

I would highly recommend not doing business with Chris. He may be a good guy, but he is too busy to get this quad work he does on the side done, let alone give any kind of even remotely decent customer service.

This is hands down my worst experience on any forum by an active forum member, and I've been on the internet from when it was not in the hands of the general public.

I made the mistake of selling off my stock swingarm, so my expensive turbo quad (thousands into this thing) has been sitting for over 3 months. That's sure a good deal.

I guess it's time to go through this ordeal again and buy a swingarm from another vendor. My quad can't sit any longer.

I have now missed my mountain trip (we drive 15hrs each way just to ride the mountains) due to my trust in Chris to deliver. He was well aware of this trip and timeline when I spoke to him two weeks ago and promised to have it to me. After all of this it should have been shipped next day courier no matter what the cost.

Ok, time to end the rant now. Just so upset at this all..........

·
Registered
203 Posts
Holy CRAP!!! Man You're patient. I woulda put on my army boots and found that boy if I had to hitch hike over there! Other than that he's dead, (which of course we hope he's not), there isn't an excuse in the world that would be good enuf at this point.....hell, why am I getting so upset...? Sh!t like that just puts everyone on guard when doing business on the forums. Don't ever give up Bro. If he has a business there are things you can do...... good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Im sure FL will do good with this. Put into account he must be hella busy. Hes always there to help us when we need info right? Something happened that may be out of his control. Machine crapped out, Fed-ex crapped out or lost package...Ok 4.5 months is a long wait granted but i wouldent bury the guy in dirt just yet. Im sure he will chime in and explain everything. Most of you know FL.Woods and how good of a guy he is. Theres something here that happened that only FL can explain...

Its just my opinion i know how frustrating it is to be promised something for a due date and not getting it even more for a mountain trip and it not happening. Im sorry that this happened to you but im not ready to hang him by his dingle-berries...Im not for him or for you but something is definetly up that we dont know about!

Just wanted to add Canada Post is still on strike so if you live in Canada Fed-ex could of re-shipped to them and now its all f-ed up and not moving.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
yeah but its been 20 days and spider has been in contact with him telling him whats going on... it takes about 20 minutes to figure this out and save his name on the forum....if he doesn't have 20 minutes than he is working way too hard....But i'm sure there is a good reason or poor excuse for this

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, here's the update. He got a hold of me this morning. Gave me the proper tracking number and the package is in Calgary (which is about 400 miles away). Scheduled to be here tomorrow. He stated that it was a mix up giving me the wrong number, but as I figured, FedEx shows the ship date as June 20th, not the 14th that he said he shipped it on.

Anyway, it looks like this will be over soon.

I think Chris IS a good guy (like I said, has helped tons of people out on this forum), but got too busy for this stuff, just like he has said to me.

I think I was more than patient before posting these events.

The real disappointing parts to me are:

a) how long it took, there is no excuse busy or not for this timeline. Just tell the person you can't do it in a reasonable time and refuse the work. It would have been no big deal to me, there are others that do this work on the forum.
b) When I called him last week, he said it had shipped yet according to fedex it did not. That would have put the swingarm here in time for my mountain trip.
c) other people (spider) appeared to be getting work done from him and are able to contact him during the same timeframe, which means he chose the priority of my work despite HUGE timeline involved and knowing that I needed it for an important trip.

Anyway, I will post up when I finally receive the swingarm and comment on the quality (which I am sure will be excellent). I just hope his lack of time to work on this did not affect that.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
My screw up I gave him the wrong tracking #, I gave him the # off the sticker I put on @ my shop and not the Intl. # Fedex put on it when I dropped it off. He will have his swinger tomorrow by 5:00pm
I beleive in you Chris and im glad that your busy and also glad this is resolved...

1 - 20 of 244 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.