Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm an electrical engineering student at ITT Tech. I'm currently taking english classes and have to do a research paper that relates to our field of study. So I'm looking for info. Not on your turbos systems but on the EFI system you went with for you turbo kits. I'm looking for 4 things. Which system you use with your kits. How it works including programming, adjusting ect. What the system includes. An why you went with that system. I know you guys have different level of turbo kits an what level of kit will vary what the system includes. So just give me the run down on what what your (base) kit uses. I'm not fishing for any secrets. If you don't feel comfortable replying here you can PM me and or E-mail me. I do have to site info so I can reference e-mail, the site, or a pm. Any info you share with me is confidential and will be read by me an my teacher that is an older lady the gets excited about coffee shops. I'd like to here from N-Sane, D7, Xtreme motorsports, and English racing. My E-mail is [email protected]. If you e-mail me don't miss the underscore and bump the thread to let me know you e-mailed me. If your not a turbo builder there is no need to post here. I think highly of all of you. With that said this is not a start to any discussion and or pissing match so pleases keep it professional gentleman. At 31 I barely have enough patients to get the homework done little alone read thru any BS. Again this is just for the EFI and not your kit overall as it has to relate to Electronics. I have a few weeks to do this paper. It's our final in the class and 40% of our grade. Thanks for your time guys.8)

Chris

·
Registered
839 Posts
IDK what these guys use but you can find loads of info http://msextra.com/

and related forums. Motech is another. I think most of the guys you listed use a modified version of a fuel controller not a whole new ecm. KMS used Mega and Microsqirt systems.
I know you asked not to reply if not a turbo builder. I just wanted to help as most things are closely guarded.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i have built many turbo systems for cars none on my raptor but i don't think its to much of a different concept.

almost every turbo system i build i had to upgrade the injectors and some times the fuel pump.. the best systems offer an extra injector per cylinder setup and the extra injector only turns on when the turbo spools up. that the way the bike/car runs perfectly normal while idling and at lower rpm's when the turbo hasn't spooled. then you usually want something to help you tune the way the motor run like a fuel controller and ignition controllers.

i don't know if they tells you anything but i'm sure the turbo raptor guys will help you out. you should talk to some tuners too

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. As noted above I'm looking for specific info from the guys them self.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump. Non of your can give me anything. I'm not looking for settings or secrets ect.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bet you would get farther by PMing the builders with specific questions individually.
Thanks man. I didn't think of that but should have. Had thought about calling them but i felt like that would kinda corner them and i didn't want to spend an hour or more on the phone with each one while trying to wright everything that they are saying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts