Raptor Forum banner

ATV Alarm???

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  RadRap700 
#1 ·
i have seen some things before of you guys having alarm systems on your quads........

is there a special kind they make for atvs or do you just use a regular car alarm?

can you give me some ideas of what you guys use and where you got them from.........thanks

#2 ·
DIRECTED ELECTONICS MAKES THEM..... TRY www.directed.com......they might not list them on the site but try emailing them......good stuff

#3 ·
there was a post about alarms, i wanted to get one and someone found a good one on ebay for like 35$ plus 10 shipping, and had it installed already, remote start and etc, looked like a good alarm, if you do search ebay just put in ATV alarm, i tryed to find the post, but no luck...maybe he will see this post ;)
i can't remember who it was. :3question:

#4 ·
BULLDOG alarm system...$44.00...Wal-mart...comes with remote...voice or tone alarms...super easy to install...try it!

#5 ·
William Lawn said:
BULLDOG alarm system...$44.00...Wal-mart...comes with remote...voice or tone alarms...super easy to install...try it!
by any chance is that remote start?

#6 ·
Yes. That is one of the things the remote is for. It has four buttons on it. One for arming and disarming mode 1 (tone), one for arming and disarming mode 2 (voice), a panic button, and a locator button. I loved it while it was on my 2006 KFX 700, but since I traded up to the Raptor, it has been sitting in my shop.

#7 ·
cool, i'll check it out thanks for the info

#8 ·
I gotta ask.... what is remote start used for on a ATV :3question:
I can see it on a vehicle to fire up the AC in the summer or the heat in the winter. I even had it on my Durango, but a quad? :confused: I see a lot of you wanting it, but can't come up with a reason on my own :unsure:

Thanks

#9 ·
pacanis said:
I gotta ask.... what is remote start used for on a ATV :3question:
I can see it on a vehicle to fire up the AC in the summer or the heat in the winter. I even had it on my Durango, but a quad? :confused: I see a lot of you wanting it, but can't come up with a reason on my own :unsure:

Thanks

i have a couple reasons...1, to make my friends say , what!!! you have remote start?.like when my friend is kick starting his honda
2. when i wake up in the desert and it's cold as hell and i'm still in my tent, i can remote start it , get ready in my tent, then when i pop out i'm ready to ride.. and i want an alarm cuz i live in an apartment complex so it's for saftey , and if remote start is already included with the alarm, why not have it on..

#10 ·
Hell, I want a lojack for my raptor! :grin_nod:

#11 ·
frankhkp7 said:
Hell, I want a lojack for my raptor! :grin_nod:
hell yeah, that' d be crazy,when we were at glamis over turkey day, someone got a 60k+ sandrail stolen right from their site...suckkks bigtime

#12 ·
Thanks. I have an alarm, too. As a matter of fact, when I put mine on folks were saying, "what do you need an alarm for?", but there's lots of reasons for that. My rappy doesn't take long to warm up and I just put til it does, I guess for a "quick getaway" in the desert remote start would come in handy :thumbsup: Hell, you could even leave the lights on and when you started it at night you could see in the woods far enough to take a dump :grin_nod:

#13 ·
speaking of dumps!!!> wow when i was at glamis i didn't dump for like a day and a half, and that was alarming!!! ahahah, then, i back fired!!. ahahahahahahahahaha

#15 ·
im with nick on why i want one too.........anyways thansk for all the info guys i found some on ebay......

#17 ·
pacanis said:
NICK said:
speaking of dumps!!!> wow when i was at glamis i didn't dump for like a day and a half, and that was alarming!!! ahahah, then, i back fired!!. ahahahahahahahahaha
:lol: I can never remember..... does that mean you were running lean or rich :unsure:
i think lean, cuz it woulda came out faster if it was rich? i think. :grin_nod:

#18 ·
will do SIC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.