Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sometime I been thinking about getting Insurance on my 700. Last week we went riding and my boy hit a tree :'( with his new 700 se which he got like 3 weeks ago. He is ok but the atv is trashed and the worst is that he still has not sent his frist payment for it. :'(

So I been looking around for insurance today called Nationwide they dont insure NJ so I called Progressive which I have for my auto and they gave me a quote $980 a year can you guy beleave that shit :mad:. I been reading on the forum people paying 150-200 but not 1000. I hate NJ :help: :help: :help: :help: If anybody knows of a good places with low cost insurance in NJ please let me know..

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Mine is through American Family and was less than $300 a year. Dont remember exact price since its been a year since I payed it but should be getting a new bill anytime. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
thats insane $1000 for progressive. i have progressive and it only cost me $650 a year for full coverage. i live in IL though

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the worst place to get insurance for anything is NJ..I told the rep I dont even pay that for my auto and he was like well the reason is because atv are easy to steal you can just throw it on back of a pickup you know how NJ is..

·
Registered
312 Posts
I live in Florida and progressive told me $1000 that seems way to high.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Just paid mine for the year. :thumbsup: $328 thats full coverage including $3000 worth of upgrades :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Krandall what insurance company you use?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just spoke with Geigo they want 924 for full coverage and 125 for Liability which only cover the person I hit not my bike. Sorry but I'm worry about the bike... what the F :mad: I'm packing my [email protected] and moving from NJ

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Yeah that thread was funny.  He was insulting birdog's intelligence and could not even spell road and his posts were near illegible at points.  Birdog manage to keep his cool and be professional about it.

I wode my weewer on da rode and heet a big twuck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
$134.00 a year for everything except medical thru nationwide here in my town.. sucks they wouldn't insure you in NJ man was worth a shot giving ya the number for em though i guess:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
i pay $200 a yr full coverage through state farm

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That's about what I'm paying on mine (State Farm) - but I have full coverage for on and off road use. The on-road insurance is what costs.

If you aren't planning on driving it on the street, be sure to get the appropriate coverage.

Shawn

·
Registered
312 Posts
My best quote so far Geico $333 a year w/$500 deductible. I will hear from State Farm on monday.

·
Registered
824 Posts
just turned 22 and only been driving since 18 so mines a little high cause my age,

i have allstate, my rappys fully covered (damage/theft/fire/ect) and i pay 80 a month for 6 months (or 40 a month for the year)

to me its worth it cause ya never know when your gonna smash it up :lol:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Im in NJ and I went with Ryder Insurance, I think they are bases out of Springfield NJ. I'm paying about $150 a year, but that only covers liability (if i do damage to someone elses property). they dont cover Collision..like a car, or PIP (personal insurance protection -if you hurt yourself and get a boo-boo :lol:)

My thought is...If I crash my quad...its my fault...suck it up and pay to fix it. Which had happend...I already needed to get a new subframe. The subframe cost $250. Most of the time its cheaper fixing it yourself then paying insurance every year.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts