Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well im going to be needing them, just not sure what to even look for in them, i never had to use them b4, cause when i had my old atv's i wasnt even driving at the time, so never had any use for them.

so does anybody recomend certin ones?

·
Registered
510 Posts
DON'T GET A TRI FOLD!!! They have to the most dangerous ramp I've used. I have a Bi fold ramp made by Fly that does the job but it won't fit under my quad. I recomend one that has tie downs to the truck so it won't slip out. Other than that they're all pretty much the same. My two pennies.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Well everything I do revolves around price. So I would get some 2x6's and bolt some angle on the end if it were me, if you decide you need more get some of the folding aluminum ones. You can find them for under $100 if you look.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think mine is the Fly that was mentioned, which also has a strap to hook to the truck. To me, this is almost a necessity on a ramp. My buddy works at a shop and got it for close to $100.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k, yea i wasnt sure about what was better outta the runner, bi fold, or tri fold

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I have a trifold and have never had any issues. It has the tie downs to hold in place and got it for around a $100 at Sams club. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
my trailer has a build in ramp.. but soon i am buying one....
I am gonna go with the tri-fold... so it fits inside the truck or between the atv wheels....

Always use the tie-downs!!! its a must with any ramp..

·
Registered
965 Posts
I picked up a set of stainless steel ramps for $40 brand spankin new at Harbor Freight Tools. 1000lb capacity, and plenty of grip (I accidentally wheelied up them). They fit perfectly under the quad in the back of my truck. I love 'em!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I had the fly ramps before they got stolen and i liked them. Check your local shop though and see what the have. The only i didn't like about them was after i put a leveling kit on my f250 it was really stepp to load with. So try before you buy if you can.

D

·
0 Posts
got a bi fold ar harborfreight.com for 50 bucks, comes with chains to tie to the truck. works good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GuamRaptor700 said:
I had the fly ramps before they got stolen and i liked them. Check your local shop though and see what the have. The only i didn't like about them was after i put a leveling kit on my f250 it was really stepp to load with. So try before you buy if you can.
yea that was one of my concerns cause my truck isnt its average height

·
Registered
767 Posts
jrichard82 said:
DON'T GET A TRI FOLD!!! They have to the most dangerous ramp I've used. I have a Bi fold ramp made by Fly that does the job but it won't fit under my quad. I recomend one that has tie downs to the truck so it won't slip out. Other than that they're all pretty much the same. My two pennies.
Can you explain how a tri-fold is more dangerous than a bifold? :crazy:

·
Registered
965 Posts
SIC said:
GuamRaptor700 said:
My truck also sits up high. I have 34" tires on it, but my 6.5 foot ramps work just fine :thumbsup:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well maybe is was just the one that I used but I stepped on it and the thing folded up on me. It hurt. Of course this was about 5 to 10 years ago so it was older technology. Like I said, just my two pennies.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Love my Fly bifold ramp. Make sure you use tiedowns when you use them and btw my ramp fits under the swingarm that has armor.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I picked up a set of aluminum ramps from Lowes for $120. They are superlight and came with straps to tie them to the truck or tie or quad down with. 8)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
SIC said:
GuamRaptor700 said:
Several manufacturers make ramps that have a curve in them. The "hump" takes the angle off the ramp as you get to the top, making it a bit easier for us guys with lifted trucks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My F-250 crewcab has a 6" lift running 35" tires, I got these ramps that telescopic out to 8 feet and they are made of plastic/resin. They can hold up to 1800 lbs, have an arch and is easy to drive up. I forget the manufacturers name but I got them from JCWhitney online.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts