Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone tried to put a grizzly auto trans in the raptor for people who cant shift....just wondering I seen where a guy in a wheel chair was riding a sport quad and read he was riding an automatic trans...

·
Registered
137 Posts
it was most likely a wolvering if it was yamaha, they have a sportquad look with the auto tranny, or it was a kawasaki kfx 700 which are the only sport quads i know of equipped with an auto

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Polaris' scrambler line works well for this purpose as well. A guy up here used to ice race on his scrambler 500 in the 4wd unstudded class and had a few wins. He had lost his leg from the knee down. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
designbilly said:
you think I could do a auto on the raptor.....
For the effort and cost that it would take, and the fact that you'd basically have to use a grizzly drivetrain, it's cheaper and easier to just buy a kawasaki kfx700. Not to mention performance is still quite good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes got legs but cant clutch anymore from the hand....ligament problems dont allow me to pull in the clutch.....and i dont want to get rid of the quad ...i have a friend who wreck his grizzly and thats why i was looking at his tranny ..so was wondering if you can convert it....

·
Registered
137 Posts
its possible but if it were me I would just trade it in for a kfx 700, not to knock the rappy but the kfx would better suit your needs, good luck man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
throttle and clutch on same hand..oh boy :crazy: :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, but looks like I may look into the KFX 700 but now too keen on switching to a Kawasaki....but who knows I am going to go to a local ATV shop to see how fesible it would be to switch the tranny ...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
well good luck on whatever you decide on. its good your trying to stay in the sport and overcome your hand problem instead of selling the bike and taking up gardening or something

·
Registered
20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i saw the rekluse but they dont make a kit for the raptor 660 so no go on that but it looks like a good option

·
Registered
20 Posts
Give them a call the article in dirt wheels mag said comming soon and that was 5 months ago

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
BigBooth25 said:
Give them a call the article in dirt wheels mag said comming soon and that was 5 months ago
If you're talking abou the rekluse they have no intention of making one for the 660 according to their customer service. They are working on one for the 700 but I wouldnt hold my breath.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts