Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my PC5 and auto tune hooked up and the bike is running great and the map I loaded is close enough to have the bike run correctly. The problem I am having is the getting the auto tune to actually make changes to the map. I rode the bike all day yesterday and hooked up the laptop back to the bike today and accept the changes except it never asked me to accept any changes.

I have the red power wire hooked up to the ignition so it turns on everytime I turn the key on. I have the black wire grounded to the frame of the bike. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
273 Posts
It won't ask you. Are there numbers in the fuel trim? If so, there is a button in one of the menus that says accept trims. That will save it to your base map. Otherwise it will just runs those numbers on top of your base map without saving them.

If there aren't numbers in the trim them it is not recording changes.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think that there are any numbers being populated in the trim menu. I will have to go look again here in a little bit. If there are no numbers there how do I get it to start making changes to the base map?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok I just checked the trim menu and it is all zero's. It isnt making any changes to the base map...do I have something hooked up wrong on backwards or something? It seems to recognize the auto tune unit and the unit has a red flashing light on it when I have it turned on....any ideas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you shut the bike down the trims get erased. You have to ride the bike, hook up to laptop with the bike still running and then accept the trims. Repeat over and over.
From my experience (limited) its better to kinda make a "clean" run down the street a few times then accept the trims and redo this several times. Riding the bike through the woods can cause irregularities in the map because of you lugging the bike, smacking the throttle etc. Think of making pulls like on a dyno. Do a few pulls accept the trims and repeat. Once ur done it's very important ( in my opinion) to then disable the auto tune so it stops adjusting the map while you ride.

·
Sand Slinger Extraordinaire
234 Posts
I agree with most of what bigjames said other than having to keep the bike running. You can still hook it up to the laptop and accept the trims after a ride as long as you leave the key on. Just kill the engine with the kill switch by the clutch perch.

Go in, accept the trims, and go for another ride. I always save each new fuel map on the software until I am done tuning, just in case something gets fouled up. Then when I'm done tuning, I delete all the progressive tuning maps except the final one.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I always shut mine off with the key and the trims are there. idk what you guys are seeing.

anyways back to getting yours working. in the configure auto tune box, make sure "run temperature required" box is not checked. also, are you using a switch to turn autotune on/off? if so check the "enable hardware switch" box.

check those and see what happens

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the auto tune unit wired into the ignition wire. Would this be considered a hardware switch?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That box isnt checked on the software so im good there. and im not using a thermostat of any kind so the temp box is unchecked as well. Guess the next test is to ride and keep the bike running and see if the trims are there....

·
Registered
273 Posts
the only other thing i can think of is the run time setting. make sure you are riding longer than the required run time. i have mine set at 60 seconds. so during the first 60 seconds of run time, it wont do anything.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont have a required run time so its on as soon I turn the bike on....I took a ride, went through every gear at full throttle got back and kept the bike running never turning it off and still all zeros on the trim table....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no it didnt come with one...at least I dont think it did

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you shut the bike down the trims get erased.
??? you are incorrect!!!

The powercommander needs no constant power to retain memory.

The auto tune configuration is where most make their mistake. So long as you see real time AFR being displayed in the software while the bike is running you need to look at two things.

1. Are ther target AFR values in the target AFR table?? If yes move on to step two. if not. You need to build the AFR table or load one of our maps from the website.

2 In the auto tune configuration menu you have to option of building trims off of either RUN TIME or ENGINE TEMP. YOU CAN"T TO BOTH Most do run time. Engine temp will require you to tap onto the temp sensor and wire it into the hub in the PCV and also configure you engine temp table. You have to know what voltage is egual to what temp.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2 In the auto tune configuration menu you have to option of building trims off of either RUN TIME or ENGINE TEMP. YOU CAN"T TO BOTH Most do run time. Engine temp will require you to tap onto the temp sensor and wire it into the hub in the PCV and also configure you engine temp table. You have to know what voltage is egual to what temp.

So your saying that one or the other needs to be checked? I dont have either one checked right now....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok just to recap on the fix for this problem with my auto tune....I found the blank CAN plugs for both the PC5 and the auto tune. I do not have the engine temp selected or the run time selected either. After installing the CAN plugs in both units the auto tune started working properly. I rode it hard through all gears came back and had numbers in my trim menu. After selecting "accept all trims" they were applied to the base map properly and then saved.

Thanks for the help guys!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.