Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I trying to decided which is the better way to go for my area. I live on the east coast and most of my riding is in Maine or nh and the weather varies from warm summer to snow and cold temps. I called the only place local enough to do a dyno tune on the rally and the said price starts at 225$+ ok, the auto tune is 256$ or so so it's almost the same.

So which would be better for me, I god dyno tune or the ability of auto tunin while riding? Also how well does the wide band sensor install into barkers?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I trying to decided which is the better way to go for my area. I live on the east coast and most of my riding is in Maine or nh and the weather varies from warm summer to snow and cold temps. I called the only place local enough to do a dyno tune on the rally and the said price starts at 225$+ ok, the auto tune is 256$ or so so it's almost the same.

So which would be better for me, I god dyno tune or the ability of auto tunin while riding? Also how well does the wide band sensor install into barkers?
The dyno tune is always gonna be the better tune, get it and forget about it. The auto tune usually has one problem and thats the person running it:D you could change the map everyday but you'll never get it as good as the dyno by a professional, problem is the auto tune is a pita and only a handful of people that have used it understand/like it enough to keep it,most people that had it that i knew once they got a dyno tune to get rid of the popping and whatnot took it off and sold it after the dyno tune. Im not sayin you couldn't be successful with it but seems like imo the percentage is 30/70 of people who like good luck with your
choice. Just my 2 cents btw

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I was leaning towards the dyno tune and I
Glad that I got some input on which is actually a better choice. Anyone know what the dyno tunes consists of? I have never had any experience with efi, do they give you a few maps depending on what you want?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
They usually do a couple runs to see where your A/F is at then they start tweaking your map to an optimal ratio which is like 13 flat. But I highly doubt they will give you more than one map.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah it takes a while to get a perfect tune so if you asked for an additional map for another elevation they would'nt know how your particular bike would need to be adjusted. I mean they could just guess and add a point or two accross the board but it wouldn't be accurate.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't need it to be perfect but with the ever changing weather I want something close that will be a good rounded map

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah just have them dial in a perfect tune and your good to go pretty much anywhere and if your way high in elevation later on then you'll only run rich so no worries :)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah if you can wait then that would be the way to go! One shot deal ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im done for a while, big 3 with duels and gearing. Im not sure if I'm going to get into engine internals on this.... Yet

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Does not compute.
LMFAO :lol:

Im done for a while, big 3 with duels and gearing. Im not sure if I'm going to get into engine internals on this.... Yet
Oh you will lol we all said the same thing haha! As soon as you're ready for a fresh topend that would be a good time for a cam and piston. Maybe a BB kit and TB and there's always the P&P and big valves too hahahaha! It never ends lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts