Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have experience with either one.

Aside from the fact that the autotune will adjust the fuel as you go, has anybody had any issues with the autotune and the adjustments it makes. Assuming that its set up correctly.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to spend the money on the autotune or a wideband and take care of the adjustments myself.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
179 Posts
^ +1

Sometimes you get funky numbers but I always smooth the map after each ride. It's working perfecly even if I'm running a mix of gas/methanol !!!

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
it is deff. Not a full closed loop system!

it makes changes to your map as you ride BUT you still have to connect a pc to accept it in order to take affect.

dont get me wrong, it works fine but it,s not completely autonomous

·
Registered
179 Posts
^ Changes are made in real time even if you don't accept the trims .

EX: In a cell map it's +10 and you get an autotrim in that exact same cell of +5 the final result will be +15 even if you don't accept it. Once you accept it the cell goes to +15 and the trim to 0 and you start this whole thing again.

Davepf

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
explane to me then. i drove a long time with autotune on to make trims, and it did make trims but it drove like shit until i finally accept the trims.
other words, trims are being made but arent put in the basemap until you accept the trims.

·
Registered
179 Posts
^ I don't know what to say about your experience but mine is always tuning in real time. My bike does the opposite of yours.... I started a map at +20 all cell, then the bike would run like shit and time after time (maybe 10min) the bike was running as smooth as stock without accepting any trims.

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
???your sure?

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can easily test it like I did, put the max trim at 20, an afr of 13.7 at 0% throttle / 1500 to 2000 rpm. Go for a drive, result is you'll stall every time you use the clutch and release the throttle (my trim in that range was +20), so trims seem to be incorporated even without accepting.

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
???it gets stanger by the minute.
someone else has the same experience?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far it seems that it works for some and not for others. TJOBBIE, did you ever give dynojet a call or email regarding your issue?

Are there different setups that allow the autotune write to the PCV map, or one that requires you to approve the writing

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
if 2 guys share the same experience then i am going to question mine, so i sended the following question to dynojet.

hi, i have a question about the autotune module wich i am confused about.

the autotune makes automatic trims on the fly when driving but isnt stored in the base map unless i accept all trims made by autotune.
so does the trims made while driving only take effect when i accept all trims and reset to 0, or are the trims constantly altered within the 0-20%target trim of the base map.?

please clarify because there are different opinions about it.

kind regards, robert
hope they reply soon
if it,s tru what the guys are saying, it would be great then i would let the autotune constantly monitor the target afr within 5%:)(when done with the intial tuning ofcourse)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ keep us posted...

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
this is what i got back

The trims are applied to the engine while they are still in the trim table.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081
1-800-992-4993
so it seems boys are right.:)

i will make an experiment of it because i have i afr wideband gauge to check what the the autotune compensates in realtime.
ill set the afr rate to 20% and the fuel rich in a certain rpm band to check if the autotune does it,s work without accepting the trims.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If I understand how the Autotune works, the maximum amount of fuel the AT can trim at any given time is +/-20, so if your base map is considerably off, and more than +/-20 is needed, then you have to accept the trims that the AT has collected before it can go beyond that original +/-20.

In other words, zati, you said that your bike stalls in the 1500-2000rpm range, but also that the fuel trims in that range are at +20. What this means is, you may *really* be needing something like +30 or more, but since the AT cannot make more of a change than +20 at a time, it'll never be able to get you to the desired 13.7 AFR that you are asking out of it.

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
that should be correct.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So then after a dyno tune, as long as the tune is pertty good, autotune will do the rest.

On the other hand, no dyno tune and needing more than +/- 20 adjustments, it will just take longer or more work to get your afr's to the right level, but either way it should work right???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts