Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres something i am working on, they are made from 3mm aluminium, and they hold 3,5 gallons of gas or water, they mount directlly on the nerf bar, ill show how they turn out once im done. my cousin is doing the engineering, he makes gas tanks for boats at a ship yard.

i thinkm 3,5 gallons per side is just right, ive seen only 6 gallon tanks and they are very big and heavy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Very, very nice size. I agree the Mecasystem ones are too big and bulky and frankly would be worried of having too much weight bouncing on the nerfs.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
That's about the idea I had then you could run them together into one line to a 12v pump and just fill your main from them. Or if you wanted to get real fancy you could plumb it into your fuel inj. system with the correct pump. But then you'd have to figure out a way to isolate each pump and activate the pump that is needed at the time. It would be much easier just to fill the main from the aux. tanks.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yeah, I agree Chris, easier to just fill the main with an aux pump. What would be cool is if you could just wait for the reserve light to light up and flip a switch to fill the tank and autmatically stop when the main tank is full. If you make them of 3 Gls each they should not be that heavy and you would have 2 extra tanks of gas and you would not have to stop to flip the switch and manually shut down when full.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, I agree Chris, easier to just fill the main with an aux pump. What would be cool is if you could just wait for the reserve light to light up and flip a switch to fill the tank and autmatically stop when the main tank is full. If you make them of 3 Gls each they should not be that heavy and you would have 2 extra tanks of gas and you would not have to stop to flip the switch and manually shut down when full.
yeah thats the idea, but then again i dont want a complex system because im going to make them easilly removable. for short races and just light trailing or a visit to the mx track, im not bringing them. i am going to hook up a 12v pump and i am going to tap into the oem tank, and when the reserve light comes on i just hit the switch for a few seconds and thats it, for the meantime while i figure out a way to know when the tank is full, maybe a light or something. and i am not putting them inline because i may want to carry extra water on the other tank sometimes. once i have them tested in aprils 600 mile race i might have a batch fabbed, some locals are intrested. i can have some made for forum members if you wantl.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
yeah thats the idea, but then again i dont want a complex system because im going to make them easilly removable. for short races and just light trailing or a visit to the mx track, im not bringing them. i am going to hook up a 12v pump and i am going to tap into the oem tank, and when the reserve light comes on i just hit the sitch for a few seconds and thats it, for the meantime while i figure out a way to know when the tank is full, maybe a light or something. and i am not putting them inline because i may want to carry extra water on the other tank sometimes. once i have them tested in aprils 600 mile race i might have a batch fabbed, some locals are intrested. i can have some made for forum members if you wantl.
That sounds great, keep us informed on how it goes! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yep, keep us posted!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts