Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i rode some axis shocks this weekend... i liked them but never heard anybody say anything abiut them on here...any info, advice...a web site were i could look at some prices

thanx

·
Registered
104 Posts
most rank them up with the best out there from what i have read.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats kinda what i was thinkin about em but how r the prices

·
Registered
283 Posts
There are top of the line shocks, Bill Ballance rode them b4 he switched to Ohlins with the factory setup. Chrish Borich #2, rides on them too, very talented kid. Thats enough proof for me. Did you ride them on another 700 or a 450?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a honda 450R set up for a 170lb. rider and Croos Country racin with is me allover again

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Custom Axis shocks are considered by most to be the best or one of the best suspension systems out there. The reason you don't see them very often is because they are gawd awful expensive. PEP makes great shocks but you don't see them very often either. Most people who go for the premium shocks go for Elkas. Elka simply does a better job of advertising and they have a brand name everyone is familliar with. Most people think Elka has a higher "bling" factor. Don't get the wrong idea here. I'm not slamming Elka. Their premium grade shocks are good shocks but I prefer others simply because I believe they were once much better than they are now.

Lets face it...The pros pretty much ride what they get sponsored to ride. It's that simple. If cost is a consideration and you want really good shocks, take a look at TCS. I personally prefer them over Elka but I can't comment on how they stack up against Custom Axis.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thnx were could i look at some good prices on the TCS's or i was looking at some fox floats but idk anything about em

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your looking at TCS with only compression adjustability you might want to consider Ohlins YA 573 with compression adjusters. I am ordering a set delivered with springs for $640 from Shane at [email protected]. I think he sells most of his stuff on ebay. I already got my rear shock - YA674 with compression and rebound for $517. I don't necessarily have all the great warranties and all of the top of the line functions but for new Ohlins the price is hard to beat.

Good Luck,

Jake

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
ya i was also wondering be cuz i am ready to change my front and rear suspension and i am will to spend all the way up to 5g's so ya. were can i buy these axis custom shocks and oh ya, r they good for the sand?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just go to like yahoo or google and do a search

1 - 12 of 12 Posts