Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the going rate to have rear axle bearings replaced at independent shops these days.
thanks for the replys

·
Registered
455 Posts
axle bearings arent hard to replace at all. the only thing you got to do is remove the rear axle nuts then take

the chain and brake hub off and then slide the axle through the swingarm. To get the old bearings out get a

brass punch and tap out the old bearings from the inside. When your ready to put in the new bearings get a

socket or a tube that is the same size as the bearing and use a rubber mallet and tap the bearing in the

pocket evenly until it stops. Then your done :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Throw the races in the freezer over night and they will drop right in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
ajax660 said:
axle bearings arent hard to replace at all. the only thing you got to do is remove the rear axle nuts then take

the chain and brake hub off and then slide the axle through the swingarm. To get the old bearings out get a

brass punch and tap out the old bearings from the inside. When your ready to put in the new bearings get a

socket or a tube that is the same size as the bearing and use a rubber mallet and tap the bearing in the

pocket evenly until it stops. Then your done :thumbsup:
No need to remove chain and sprocket, you can pull the axle with them still in place.I just replacwd my bearings last night, just loosen chain tension before assembly. . A note i might add is that it is easier instaling the axle if you pull the caliper and rotor though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can cost anywhere from £100-200 if you get the bearings which can be around £40, its a pretty simple job to do yourself tho with basic tools of the trade, unless ofcourse like mine which has been a nightmare lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts