Raptor Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The problem is the inner spacer tube on the chinese carriers including niche aren't long enough. So when you tighten the axle nut you actually destroy the inner race of the new bearing. You just need the stock spacer tube really. I am going to remove mine and confirm, and if it is the case as Cuervo is saying I am going to reach out to Niche and see what they will do moving forward.

I used to just replace bearings and be done with it. I never knew you could get a whole carrier with bearings for only a few bucks more, but I think they need to know about the issue. It would be nice for all of us to have a affordable/reliable carrier we could buy or keep on the shelf ready to go.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Didn't you get that one from me? I may have put good bearings and seals in it for my own use.

Im pretty sure this is the one i got from you Dez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Didn't you get that one from me? I may have put good bearings and seals in it for my own use.
well that would probably explain why its lasted so long!! Thanks again DEZ!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys, does anyone use after market carrier bearings? Oem are pretty pricey, shipping and duty to Canada brings it down to almost 300$ Canadian. I would like to check local bearing shop for replacement.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,052 Posts
Hi guys, does anyone use after market carrier bearings? Oem are pretty pricey, shipping and duty to Canada brings it down to almost 300$ Canadian. I would like to check local bearing shop for replacement.
You can get bearings from eBay. Pivot Works has a better reputation then All Balls. Or take your bearings to your local bearing supplier. Factory bearings come 2 per side, but if you ask for 'air conditioner' bearings, it's one bearing (twice as wide) the same thickness as the two. Advantage is they last longer and support the weight better. Also ask for triple lip seals.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
I can't recall what I put in ours. I think one had 2 per side and on mine I am trying the single wide one. RMATV is where I purchased.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
You can get bearings from eBay. Pivot Works has a better reputation then All Balls. Or take your bearings to your local bearing supplier. Factory bearings come 2 per side, but if you ask for 'air conditioner' bearings, it's one bearing (twice as wide) the same thickness as the two. Advantage is they last longer and support the weight better. Also ask for triple lip seals.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
40x62x21.6
907257A

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just wanted to follow up. I'm pretty confident the length of the spacer tube has been contributing to my bearing failures. I attached a pic comparing the spacer tube from Dez's OEM Carrier (Left) vs. the one out of the Niche carrier(Right). According to Cuervo when everything is installed the tolerance should be around 20 Thousandths.

I am using All Balls bearings with the OEM spacer tube in a Niche Carrier. Also going to rebuild Dez's OEM Carrier and keep as a backup.

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts