Raptor Forum banner

Axle ?'s

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Quicker660r 
#1 ·
Right now my current setup consists of 1.5'' spacers in the front and 2.5'' in the back. I'd like to go ahead and get an axle to keep from breaking anything. I like the width of the bike and thats where I'd like it to stay, which size axle should I go with. I dont want to spend TOO much but durablue or lonestar is what I'm looking at. But dont quite understand +2,+4 etc etc

Mine right now is a complete 5'' wider then before measuring from the inside of the tire to the other.

#2 ·
yo i got a used durablue +2 for 180 + shipping if your interested

#3 ·
RPM sells an axle for i think $409, i know alot but i heard its a real good one, and it goes out to 2.5" on each side (total 5'').

#4 ·
ajax660 said:
yo i got a used durablue +2 for 180 + shipping if your interested

how much wider is +2? How does it look? I dont want a ragged out axle....

#7 ·
Thanks guy's I'll be getting one here pretty soon I hope! Ajax I'll let you know, I havent decided on width yet thats the only thing holding me off right now.

#8 ·
thats kool just keep in touch the only littlest thing it needs is a new snap ring to hold on the posi lock nut. the only reason because the dude i bought it form was a real ASS**** and he didnt know what he was doin g

#9 ·
05rappy said:
RPM sells an axle for i think $409, i know alot but i heard its a real good one, and it goes out to 2.5" on each side (total 5'').
I second that, I have the dominator series, I've bent and broke about everything on my quad but that!

#11 ·
DECEPTiON21 said:
Stay away from the Lonestar axle... Ripper from ripper racing will tell you how crap it is.
A big concern I heard about was that the splines at the ends of the axle (the diameters) were a little to small for the hubs, and after a few months of riding they stripped out the inside of the hub splines....the higher hp ones did it sooner.

#12 ·
rt said:
05rappy said:
I second that, I have the dominator series, I've bent and broke about everything on my quad but that!

I've made quite a few phone calls today and when asked about them they all had the same answer. RPM will be getting my buy.

#13 ·
rt said:
DECEPTiON21 said:
Stay away from the Lonestar axle... Ripper from ripper racing will tell you how crap it is.
A big concern I heard about was that the splines at the ends of the axle (the diameters) were a little to small for the hubs, and after a few months of riding they stripped out the inside of the hub splines....the higher hp ones did it sooner.
WOW!! I've had mine for close to 2 years and have not had a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.