Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 04' that I bought in july. I noticed that the left rear wheel sticks out more than the right so I measured and sure enough there is a difference, It has Durablue axle and theres a spacer on the left side against the sprocket hub, If you remove that spacer and C-clip the axle is then centered. I'm not sure if I can leave this spacer off or not as there is no shoulder for the sprocket hub to butt up against. The sprocket does get tight onto the axle and the axle nuts get tight but I don't know if it will work loose since there's nothing there for it to butt up against . Has anyone else ran into this? Thanks for any input just trying to figure out what someone else has done

[attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

·
Registered
988 Posts
Are there spacers at the Wheel Hubs???? it a;most looks like the left side is at +1 and the right side is at stock?

·
Registered
57 Posts
OK, first thing first, that is not a Durablue axle. I can tell because you have on the stock lock nuts (which one of them is backwards by the way but it doesn't really matter). Durablue uses a special Posi (3 piece) locknut which in my experiance, the only one that uses that style is g-force. DO NOT RUN THE BIKE WITHOUT THAT C-CLIP AND SPACER THE ARROW WAS POINTING TO. It will work itself loose. honestly that actually look like a banshee axle but not 100% positive. I know it is a little wider but is slighly offset. Can you take pics the whol axle, perferably without the wheels so i can see you hub setup. hope this info helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I'll take some pics tonight. It has a durablue sticker on it but that does'nt mean anything. I have found a couple things that were done poorly so it would'nt surprise that this is the wrong axle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ok now i am confused. :3question: i think that might be a durablue axle. i had forgotten about their heavy duty series. let me do some research and get back to you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I"ve looked all over the axle trying to find some sort of part # but no luck. Are the banshee axle's the same size as the raptors?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
xcellrtr said:
I"ve looked all over the axle trying to find some sort of part # but no luck. Are the banshee axle's the same size as the raptors?
no, wider, but they do have an offset to one side when put in a raptor. 3/4" if I remember right.

You might contact durablue and ask for a few measurements comparing the two axles.
Ask for the length from the shoulder the sprocket sets agienst to both ends or some way to tell the difference.

·
Registered
833 Posts
the g force uses a single 3 pice nut system.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
firstraptor said:
xcellrtr said:
no, wider, but they do have an offset to one side when put in a raptor. 3/4" if I remember right.

You might contact durablue and ask for a few measurements comparing the two axles.
Ask for the length from the shoulder the sprocket sets agienst to both ends or some way to tell the difference.
Thats about how of difference there is on lft side. I'll try and get ahold of them. Don't know why I did'nt think of that :crazy:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's the reply I got from Durablue.

It is the right axle. This part number fits a number of bikes. Some slight
offset differences may appear but are not significant.

I don't know about this company with that kind of response. :confused:

·
Registered
833 Posts
i would not want that much offset. i think i would ebay the axle and go with something else the g force is a great price and you will have the +2 for more stability.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This may be a really dumb question as i have never messed with axle yet. Can you put the axle in backward or the oppisite end first. I only ask because i saw a boy almost do this befor.

·
Registered
348 Posts
on some machines I suppose its possible. on the Raptor it is not. the axle is threaded on only one side for the double nuts. As far as acceptable offset, I dont like it. It would be unacceptable to me to buy a new axle and have it off center and have the company say its because it fits others to and that its ok.If I spend that kind of money I want an axle that fits right and is actually designed for my specific machine. I really thought Dura-Blue would do better than that. I would also think that while its only 3/4 of an inch that it could create wierd handling characteristics from not lining up with the front end right. I think I would go with rineman on this one, lose the axle and get the right on with no acceptable offsets. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya it handle's weird you can feel the rear pulling to one side. When I got it I thougt the swing arm was bent or the tire was wider on that side. Until I starting measuring so I'm gonna ditch it and find one that actually fits right.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
If there is a spacer in this axle, durablue doesn't use spacers in the raptor axles but I've seen them for the blaster. Perhaps this person bought the axle from a guy who had a blaster and, not knowing what it was, included the spacer when installing it on the raptor.

There is an offset on just about all of the aftermarket axles for the raptor because the same axle is used on the banshee. This offset is about 1/4", and IME does not have any negative impact on handling.

It appears as though you simply need to remove the spacer and reinstall the axle. There is probably room on the axle for the nuts to the right to get the adjustment you need.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts