Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Yep, that's what can happen when you go F'n with that wire. Cheap mods cost too, one way or another. People should be patient and buy a Dynatek for their bikes, programmable or non. Safer that way and you don't risk f'n up the bike. I know I do dumb stuff to and with my bike but some stuff you shouldn't jack with. Like frying the bikes brain.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
How were you conecting the wires? I did that to mine and it worked fine but I soldered the wires so I know the conections were good. If your using the clamp on conectors they may not be conecting properly.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
In case you didn't know, messing with that sensor and the wires that hook to it have always resulted in problems. Not for everyone, but enough folks that most people should be hesitant about doing stuff like this. Hey it worked for you, good deal. Shouldve spent you money on a performance upgrade that would have given you more power and taken care of the speed sensor.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If your sure you cut and grounded the right wire, very easy, You just probably pulled a wire loose from the ecu. Take your time and go back to each wire and push them in, I've seen other guys do the same thing. When I did the baby blue I had no problems what so ever for over 2 yrs, then I got a dynatec later just to get a little extra. The baby blue does work!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did the wire cut and ground on mine, after that it wouldn't run right, acted like it was missing, and on a rev limiter. Wire was cut, and grounded to the frame, reconnected the wire together, no problems. I will save up for a dynatec...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got the Dynatek non programable ignition and it still seems like my speed limiter is there but I am not possitive. It kind of feels like it gets to a certain speed then doesn't pull anymore. Also, on the description for the non programable ignition it doesn't say it removes the speed limiter.

·
Going broke one quad upgrade at a time
272 Posts
I honestly have not come across many people that have had problems after doing the speed sensor removal. Just because some people are not comfortable cutting wires, which yes can be re-attatched, doesn't mean they need to call other people idiots for trying. This switch grounds out normally, only disconnects when 5th is engaged. Only way to mess up is by cutting the wrong wire, which like I said you can re-connect. Un-hook both terminals on the battery, make sure you've reconnected the wires with a good weather proof splice, not just twisting them together and taping them. Make sure all of the pins are pushed in on the plug, and make sure you didn't pull another plug on a switch or a relay. Re connect both wires to your battery. Try it again. Send me a PM if you're still having some issues, we'll talk more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.