Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from my first trip to Glamis with my 700. I was curious to see how it would handle in the sand being that I get smoked by my friends Honda 450, with some engine mods, at the lakebeds. I'm glad to report that the Rappy is faster in the sand...and I weigh around 70 pounds more than he does :thumbsup:. We raced at least 8 times and I had him on all 8. He also ran paddles which were about half the weight of my Sandstars.

Glamis...you have to see it to believe it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Glamis is the best! Ive only been out twice this season so far, but am going the last weekend of the month.

I normally camp in Wash 4. Where did you stay?

Did you go to Oldsmobile?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glad you had a great time!! You probably picked one of my favorite weekends. (It's not packed with holiday traffic!!). Those who haven't ridden on sand (dunes) have no idea what they are missing. I hope they all get the same experience you had.
We will also be there on the last weekend of the month. It's one of the busier weekends, but I go this time every year. Tradition I guess!

DJ

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hey Glamis700, will you be there New Years?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Damn I'm jealous !!!!!!! Send some sand back east so I can play !!!!!!! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
494 Posts
I was there for Thanksgiving. Ill be back on the 29th around 9 or 10pm-sun morn. Im meetin my friend out there that has stage 2 cam, porting on top of the basic 3 mods. Im currently running the basic 3 but plan on whooping his ass cuz hes still running a stock swingarm hahahahaha!

My new arms should be delivered friday or monday. I doubt ill have long travel shocks intime for the trip though, so I may not put them on.

·
Registered
202 Posts
along with mike i could go for some sand, god i wanna take a vacation and head out there to reek havok but i think my shitty tires wouldnt help me lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I met up with some friends who have trailers on wash 12. I'm a newbee with only a truck so I stayed with a few other newbees in a hotel in Brewley. We just went back late at night to sleep then rode the next day. The dunes were intimidating at first (thought I was going to die :eek:) but once I got used to it the next day was great.

I had so much fun I cant wait to go back. I honestly can't get get it off my mind how much fun I had.
Oldsmobile hill was awsome!! And the drags were insane!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts