Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am all stock, with 20x10-8 7 paddle extremes and sand gear fronts on black bajas. I weigh 225lbs.
I wasted a stock 07 yfz 450se(sandstars), and was neck and neck with a piped,intaked,cherrybombed LTR-450(sandstars). I also wasted piped 660s and a piped banshee.

I got smoked by a guy about 145 lbs on a yfz with sparks pipe on race gas(I could smell it), a 3 modded(pro circuit)raptor on sandstars, and an 07 stock raptor se2 on sand stars.

I couldn't believe that a stock raptor on sandstars could beat me on my extremes as bad as it did, more than once. I ran my extremes at 5psi, and launched in 2nd. It was bogging down every time I launched in 2nd. A buddy of mine, same setup as me, was doing a little better and was using 1st gear starts. He wasn't pulling away from me, so I figure it was probably because of the launch. anyway here's a few pics.







 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,514 Posts
sweet pics bro, i love your quad, the black looks sick! are those brass knuckles i see on your tank? do you have to drive far to get to pismo?
when we went had had to drive what was suppose to be 5 hrs,but with traffic took 7 and then got turned away from camping cuz they were full! and so we went to turn around on the beach..and then we were stuck!! hope you had a better time than us! well once we got camping the next day it was fun.... i wish they didn't block so much of it off,if you go to the back where the fence is and look at the other area they have alot of sick hills and it's a lot bigger area, damn tree huggers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
Your quad looks tight. I like the black and white without a lot of chrome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wish I would of went to the dunes. :( :( :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks fellers.
Yeah NICK, I had to draw those brass knuckles, and have a sign guy scan the drawing and make them for me. My drive to pismo is about 4-5 hours, depending on traffic and how fast I want to get there. That sucks you got turned around. I always make reservations a couple months in advance, because that has happened to a few of my friends. And it does suck that they have closed off as much as they have. It looks like all the best riding areas are on the other side of the fence.
oakleynutt, my plan is all white and black with the only exception being the motor and pipes (when I get them). I have a set of black x-bars coming with black ODI lock on grips. I'm thinking about painting my trail tech clamp with black POR-15 (like I did with my hubs).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
rabara9 said:
thanks fellers.
Yeah NICK, I had to draw those brass knuckles, and have a sign guy scan the drawing and make them for me. My drive to pismo is about 4-5 hours, depending on traffic and how fast I want to get there. That sucks you got turned around. I always make reservations a couple months in advance, because that has happened to a few of my friends. And it does suck that they have closed off as much as they have. It looks like all the best riding areas are on the other side of the fence.
oakleynutt, my plan is all white and black with the only exception being the motor and pipes (when I get them). I have a set of black x-bars coming with black ODI lock on grips. I'm thinking about painting my trail tech clamp with black POR-15 (like I did with my hubs).

It with be nice when you are done. Can't wait to see more pics.
I personaly don't like chrome. To shiney. Even my helmet is a flat back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,514 Posts
where are you driving from rabara?
yeah i want all black and white 2, i think it looks great like that...
hey nix, that's a pretty far drive, i'm sure you'll like it, it's nice to camp on the beach and hit the dunes, the hills are not very impressive at all, infact it's not a place i would visit anymore untill i have kids. just not enough of a challenge and the riding area isn't that big, but it's someplace you'll have to see at least once if you can....best dunes 2 me so far have been dumont and glamis, they have huge ass hills.. even little sahara ut didn't look to big, it only seemed to have 1 main big hill that i seen. the rest were pretty small,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NICK said:
where are you driving from rabara?
yeah i want all black and white 2, i think it looks great like that...
hey nix, that's a pretty far drive, i'm sure you'll like it, it's nice to camp on the beach and hit the dunes, the hills are not very impressive at all, infact it's not a place i would visit anymore untill i have kids. just not enough of a challenge and the riding area isn't that big, but it's someplace you'll have to see at least once if you can....best dunes 2 me so far have been dumont and glamis, they have huge ass hills.. even little sahara ut didn't look to big, it only seemed to have 1 main big hill that i seen. the rest were pretty small,
I'm in Lodi, next to Stockton.
Pismo has been the only dune riding experience I have had, and I have to agree about the riding area being very small. It's still a blast, but from what my buddies have told me, Dumont, Glamis and Sand Mountain Nevada are 10 times bigger and better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, It's a Black Maier hood I got on ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,514 Posts
rabara9 said:
NICK said:
where are you driving from rabara?
yeah i want all black and white 2, i think it looks great like that...
hey nix, that's a pretty far drive, i'm sure you'll like it, it's nice to camp on the beach and hit the dunes, the hills are not very impressive at all, infact it's not a place i would visit anymore untill i have kids. just not enough of a challenge and the riding area isn't that big, but it's someplace you'll have to see at least once if you can....best dunes 2 me so far have been dumont and glamis, they have huge ass hills.. even little sahara ut didn't look to big, it only seemed to have 1 main big hill that i seen. the rest were pretty small,
I'm in Lodi, next to Stockton.
Pismo has been the only dune riding experience I have had, and I have to agree about the riding area being very small. It's still a blast, but from what my buddies have told me, Dumont, Glamis and Sand Mountain Nevada are 10 times bigger and better.
cool, i got a couple friends that live in stockton, your way up north huh? i think it's like 15hrs from OC, yeah glamis is a huge area and tons of hills, but non that were so steep i was like WOW, just LONG and nicley inclined, but i didn't get to see all of glamis, now dumont, that's very steep hills, and very tall! smaller riding area, but FUck i loved dumont, the main hills had such a weird shape to them and on one hill it felt so steep like the front end was going to come up fi you wern't alllll the way forward, here is a couple vids....
this is a super steep hill right here, maybe the steepest, it really doesn't look steep,but when you see the quads go up to the right side towards the top they really slow down alot cuz you had to push it pretty good to keep going, i think i'm the 3rd quad. there is a lot of bumps and stuff you can't see in the videos


this one was pretty good 2,


and this is the side hill



random pic from dumont
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
bike is looking sweet Rabara :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Maier hood fits just as good as my stock hood did.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top