Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well As some of you know my 700 blew up and I ended up parting out and was thinking about getting out of rapturds for awhile.....but I couldn't do it. I bought a drag based 660 pretty cheap that was in pieces. Was going to fix it up and ride it. Ended up buying CDG097's 660 that has been sitting in my barn for 2 years for some damn reason:banghead: So now I'm taking all the good parts off the drag based 660 and going to run them on the 660 I got from chad. Got a uphill batte as both Chad, and my friend Bryan run built 700's so I'm gonna be the slow guy I think. While this 660 will be quick I'm not sure if it will hang with a built 700. But thats ok I'll get a 700 someday again.

So first 660 I got came with the mods below
Barker HV ported head
X4 Cam
12.5:1 CP 102mm piston
Slingshot lockup
Failed Barker crank:lol:
FCR 39mm's
Barker Duals
Cut frame that was cracked in to many places for me to feel safe riding
+8 swingarm
Lot's of other stock parts

Then I got cdg097's bike. List of mods as follows
-101mm 11:1 Wiseco - 673cc
-Hot Cams Stage II
-Trail Port/Polish
-Curtis Sparks Exhaust
-Pro Design Intake w/ K&N filter
-CFM Oversized oil tank
-GForce Adjustable axle
-Streamline Stablizer
-Streamline +2 braided brake lines (front)
-ASV F3 Clutch Lever
-ACE Fabrication +2+1 A-arms
-YFZ450 front shocks
-JTM Swingarm Extension
-ITP Holeshot XCR fronts on GForce XC wheels, ITP Holeshot HD rears
-Armadillo belly skid plate
-ModQuad billet dash
-DrD Reverse Lever
-ProTaper SE Raptor Bend bars
-ODI Grips
-Fasst anti-vibe handlebar inserts
-Powermadds
-AC front bumper
-AC Nerf Bars
-Blingstar rear grab bar
-ProDesign billet shifter
-Tusk billet gas cap
-AMR Graphics
Pics of it for ROTM
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/119-raptor-month/91415-june-rotm-finalists.html

I figured that since I was going from a bad ass 700 to a 660 I was going to buy some sweet parts for the 660 to make it look much better. First thing was a new exhaust. I had a set of Barkers and a Sparks. The Barkers wer not that great looking so I ordered some Monster(I never buy new but wanted them so badly I had to)Got Them in a Shortie black cans. Thanks to Cuervo he got Paul to make a set of shorties. They don't make them for a 660 so he hooked me up. As you see they are a few inches shorter then a standard can. Can;t go to short on them due to the mounts on a 660 though.

Now I have to decide on a color scheme to go with. I was really liking the Orange on my old 700 but this frame was just PC black so I wanna keep that part like that.The swingarm that is going on it is a Chrome +8 unless someone wants to trade lol. I was thinking Orange upper A arms, and a orange swingarm, orange hubs. Motor will be black with polished fins on the head and a few accents in orange but not to much. But this swingarm is chrome and I don't wanna PC over that as it would cost to strip it and chrome cost more then PC. So I was thinking black and polished look but I hate polishing. Was going to scuff and sand the plastic and paint it. I also have blue fenders to. What you guys think?Heres some pics. White and blacks are on it now as I didn't feel like cutting the blue plastic to make it fit.

·
Registered
652 Posts
That's a pretty slick machine, I love the monsters with the new style tips, never cared for the old style. If they ever decide to have drags at bundy again, you'll have to bring it out, if you wanna get whipped on, that is!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Damn those Monsters look good on it, Is that grab bar off a 700 or off a YFZ? Nice quad too btw, Cant wait to see it completed

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
ide say the white and black look better;)-but the blue dont look too bad either- and grats on the monsters! deff. a lil cleaner than the barkers we got!:rofl:..---------------------------------(BTW we did turn the cans on them then)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i like it. if you want to make sure your not the slow one of the group then you need to use there best part. the head. make it a hybrid, i can help with all the little things to make it work. trust me, and if you dont make a road trip and ride mine. making it a hybrid will change the game and surprise everyone.
mike

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Damn those Monsters look good on it, Is that grab bar off a 700 or off a YFZ? Nice quad too btw, Cant wait to see it completed
That is a 660 grab bar. My old bike, lol, I can tell you everything about it other than about those sexy ass Monsters on it now. I'm jealous of those...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, You had a nice 660 CDG097, Seeing that black Blingstar grabbar makes me wish I had got one instead of the aftermarket one I got.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a pretty slick machine, I love the monsters with the new style tips, never cared for the old style. If they ever decide to have drags at bundy again, you'll have to bring it out, if you wanna get whipped on, that is!
We will be there. This build here will get smoked pretty good:lol: but it still a blast to ride.

ide say the white and black look better;)-but the blue dont look too bad either- and grats on the monsters! deff. a lil cleaner than the barkers we got!:rofl:..---------------------------------(BTW we did turn the cans on them then)
I wanna see pics of them Barkers all fixed up.

i like it. if you want to make sure your not the slow one of the group then you need to use there best part. the head. make it a hybrid, i can help with all the little things to make it work. trust me, and if you dont make a road trip and ride mine. making it a hybrid will change the game and surprise everyone.
mike
I was thinking of a Hybrid but I'm gonna run this one for now. Wanna get the Chassis all set up nice then when I'm getting my ass kicked next summer I can start collecting parts:lol: My last 660 with this head did real good. I don't need it to be 80hp yet. My plan is to have another build next year. Best part about it is building them, finding deals on parts and buying selling/trading stuff to build it at a good price. I challenge myself when building these to do it with a budget from just sold parts. I went a bit crazy a few years ago and bought to much stuff so I have to keep my addiction under control. May look like I spend crazy money on this stuff but I really don't I part out the raptors I do to make some extra cash to build mine up.

·
Registered
652 Posts
"When it's groomed", don't hold your breath on that one, last races they ran up there they never touched the track, they had us line up on the edges of the track to stay out of the mud. Their was a guy up there with a yellow raptor that ran 4 snows and did really well with them, was a pretty fast quad too.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, You had a nice 660 CDG097, Seeing that black Blingstar grabbar makes me wish I had got one instead of the aftermarket one I got.
Lol thanks. I spared no expense (IMO) redoing that bike. Sure, I could have gone with bigger parts for the motor, but for what I was doing with it, it was perfect. The problem is, as soon as I got done building it, I bought a 700, and literally rode the 660 one time after that for five minutes, and was shocked at how much slower it was lol.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thats a bummer. I am hoping they do more with the drags there. Seems like interest always dies off with them mid way through the year. I've seen that yellow one run at the last drags. Good runner for sure. I ended up losing to him:lol: Bike is faster then him just messed up on the races. Jumped on a flag drop and bottomming out the LT suspensin on another run because of the whoops. Crazy how tore up it can get there.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yeah it sucks, bundy is the only close place to race, silver lake, ogemaw and Phil's are all at least three hours for me. Their supposed to redo the track next year, hopefully it's a lot better.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
dog86 - where did you get that Monster exhaust? Looks sick! Also what intake did you pair it with?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got them from DL700 he owns Cuervo Racing. The are only a few vendors that sell Monster there not as mass produced as some exhaust are. I'm just running a Pro Design intake.for now. Will be running FCRs and clamp ons when I swap top ends.

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
Bike is looking good! Congrats on getting this one off the ground! Was kinda sad to see your 700 engine failure and the partout. But good to see the 660 that you have done now. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 181 Posts