Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
so ur gonna just run chads old engine for now? was wondering lol...
Zach can't leave anything well enough alone, lol. He will have it torn apart after the first ride. The biggest problem is, he saw how much that bike couldn't keep up with his 700 after the first 40-50 feet, so that won't sit well with him. One ride and I say the change will be made...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Put a 700 head on it.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
and it still wont hold with the 700s?
I'm thinking it won't. Figure chads build should be 70-75 hp as well as my other riding buddie is running a +2 RE head on a 727 stroker about 12:1 compression. IT runs very well and only has a +3 TB and Big gun exhaust and no timing mods. If he gets duals and timing I bet he would pick up 5 HP and with a 54mm TB it's a 80HP build. Even what he is running now it is a quick build. I doubt he will spend any money on it though so I just got to be able to beat Chad. I'm sure by this time next year I'll have a Hybrid or another 700:lol: But I want to have 2 raptors because My wife wants something to ride to.

Seems like even with a Hybrid if I want a fast bike you have to cut weight. Weight is killer and cutting weight cost more then building a motor. I want this one to be rideable everywhere not just a drag bike.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I'm thinking it won't. Figure chads build should be 70-75 hp as well as my other riding buddie is running a +2 RE head on a 727 stroker about 12:1 compression. IT runs very well and only has a +3 TB and Big gun exhaust and no timing mods. If he gets duals and timing I bet he would pick up 5 HP and with a 54mm TB it's a 80HP build. Even what he is running now it is a quick build. I doubt he will spend any money on it though so I just got to be able to beat Chad. I'm sure by this time next year I'll have a Hybrid or another 700:lol: But I want to have 2 raptors because My wife wants something to ride to.

Seems like even with a Hybrid if I want a fast bike you have to cut weight. Weight is killer and cutting weight cost more then building a motor. I want this one to be rideable everywhere not just a drag bike.
Well you don't have to try very hard to beat me. The most that is going into my bike is a stroker crank after this stock stroke gets tired. I'm not interested in cutting weight off the bike, and I am a fucking meathead, so I'm damn sure not going on the jockey diet. Whatever my bike will do with me on it will have to be good enough lol.

Not to mention, Bryan and I were very close when I had a stock arm on my bike, things may be different with a +4 where I can launch at WOT.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well you don't have to try very hard to beat me. The most that is going into my bike is a stroker crank after this stock stroke gets tired. I'm not interested in cutting weight off the bike, and I am a fucking meathead, so I'm damn sure not going on the jockey diet. Whatever my bike will do with me on it will have to be good enough lol.

Not to mention, Bryan and I were very close when I had a stock arm on my bike, things may be different with a +4 where I can launch at WOT.
Yeah you should beat him with the +4 arm. You were a major pussy out of the hole on a stock arm;) launching easy every time. I figure this 660 build should be competitive with yours. Thats what I'm going for. Any faster and there not alot of quads to race. Also gets much more expensive. Funner racing when there is a challenge and it's not a guaranteed win every time even with a bad launch. That is only fun for a bit. It's much better when theres a bunch of guys and it comes down to the skill and not just power. Whoever gets the good launch wins is whats fun IMO. As we know when you whoop everyones ass badly like at bundy with the 3 mods, they all leave and your left with no one to race.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Places like bundy, it doesn't take much to be the fastest down the strip, since I've made mine a 5 mod, the only races I lost were to bigger raptor builds and that damn 450r.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Places like bundy, it doesn't take much to be the fastest down the strip, since I've made mine a 5 mod, the only races I lost were to bigger raptor builds and that damn 450r.
White, what bike is yours?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Yeah you should beat him with the +4 arm. You were a major pussy out of the hole on a stock arm;) launching easy every time. I figure this 660 build should be competitive with yours. Thats what I'm going for. Any faster and there not alot of quads to race. Also gets much more expensive. Funner racing when there is a challenge and it's not a guaranteed win every time even with a bad launch. That is only fun for a bit. It's much better when theres a bunch of guys and it comes down to the skill and not just power. Whoever gets the good launch wins is whats fun IMO. As we know when you whoop everyones ass badly like at bundy with the 3 mods, they all leave and your left with no one to race.
I've heard that before. if you put a 700 head on it, make a thread about it. I want to do mine but I'm going to wait until it needs a complete engine rebuild...and put a better transmission in it.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Keep the Black & white. I recon that looks sweet, maybe add some checker-board graphics to go with it :)
Forget the hybrid, add 2 more spark plugs to that HV ported head :) & make the best use of those nice looking duals.

I have gone to 727 on my rebuild (after having a stroker crank fail at very low hours) & this thing is AWESOME.
I'd happily take on any NA single cyl quad under 800cc, & probably still beat most that are bigger too.

Put your 660 on the scales, & then compare to your mates 700's.
The weight of these bikes is closer than you might think :)

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I am going to run DS650 intake tubes and filters. I got new carb adapters to fit them. I found a guy in detroit that had them in 62mm. Only sudco ones were 60mm and I dont think they would have fit right. Cant be much more of a velocity stack then these going from 4" to 43mm at a smooth transition. Gonna be a tight fit on the quad though.figure ill be moving the wiring and battery. But I am going to be running a small ballistic battery though.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I'm not sure lol I'm just hoping to have it ready by the Rally. Got alot going on right now. Going to be remodeling 2 bathrooms in my house, Gotta finish my enclosed trailer and clean up my barn. And when I say clean the barn it will probably take the longest time of all those things lol. I think I got enogh stuff to mock a engine up so I can get everything else set up like the wiring, batteries and carbs. That stuff is always time consuming to do. Re locating the battery is going to be tricky. I also started fixing up my enclosed trailer to. I cut off the rear swing doors and making a redneck ramp door:lol: I'm trying to do it cheap so it may not work out good lol. I put some cabinets in and spots to store tires. last weekend. So far I have about $25 into that stuff. The door is gonna cost more though even using stuff I have laying around the house and barn. Also a fold down bench.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
so u did find the DS intakes...cool deal....looks like they outa flow. lol......i think i read that a guy had clamp on filters and went to DS velocity stack, and it revved harder...

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yeah I'm sure it should help with that part. The airbox adapters as they are called for the FCR's are quite a nice piece. They are made of a plastic and not a billet like others but they have a nice velocity stack to them. One other guy on hhere picked up some HP going with DS intakes so I figured I'd give it a shot. I found the filters for $15 each shipped and paid $25 for one intake tube and had an extra one laying around. I will pull the matching one off my DS so both tubes look the same. As you see one of them in the Picture is a different tube then the other.Just from a older year. The Air box adapters were $30 each. Alot better then the Sudco ones that were $50 each and not the right size.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
the ds intake works great as ive seen power increase on the dyno but they are to long to work the best.
mike

21 - 40 of 181 Posts