Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Making them fit is going to be alot of work. Relocate the battery and im not gonna run the center partt of the rear plastic where the battery goes. Also the filters are wide. Putting them in the right spot where they clear the subframe will be tricky but if it was easy everyone would do it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey dog..... How's it been man?. Bike looks like its comin along nice... Ur gonna love the ds intakes just make sure u use any year other than the 2001 ...

Bad luck, I'm the one that went from the clamp on filter to the ds intakes but I did them on a set of 40 mm lecterns... Biggest challenge was gettin them to fit right and stay there.... And like Zach said, you have to cut the battery box n all kinds of bs..

I've got a bunch of pics if u need and Zach.. Top and side view... I ran them with a csr hv head and they deffinately woke it up... It revved and had the throttle response of a fuel injected bike...overrated was the one who told me about them and said he picked up about 1-2hp and tq on the dyno.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Lets see some pics. I have a 01 subframe now. I see its not gonna fit easily if it fits at all. I want to get started on this mike but im balls deep into remodeling on my house so its gonna have to wait. Im out of $$$ right now anyway. Need to sell some more stuff lol.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Dang man wish I still had my stuff.... I bought tubes and filters brand new... Ran them one race and went the fastest past i made... Guy there blew his motor up and had to have mine so he paid me double what I gave for it lol... Ill pm u my number n ill txt them to u.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I had mine off set one higher than the other cause there so big, but I wasn't running a battery period... I just had the cdi box there.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I got a ballistic battery. Ill probably move to the front or whereever it fits. Its small so should be hard to do.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yea that would work good.. One stops drag bike, he had his moved in between the front 2 frame rails on the bottom..

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
New parts came today!

wow. nothin like raptor eye candy........lotta money settin there in them pics...

now maybe u can keep up with Chad..........:lol:...jk hopefully be passing him. looks sweet Zach. like those Ferrae valves

u rinning studs or 3/8 bolts or stock headbolts?

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Hey dog..... How's it been man?. Bike looks like its comin along nice... Ur gonna love the ds intakes just make sure u use any year other than the 2001 ...

Bad luck, I'm the one that went from the clamp on filter to the ds intakes but I did them on a set of 40 mm lecterns... Biggest challenge was gettin them to fit right and stay there.... And like Zach said, you have to cut the battery box n all kinds of bs..

I've got a bunch of pics if u need and Zach.. Top and side view... I ran them with a csr hv head and they deffinately woke it up... It revved and had the throttle response of a fuel injected bike...overrated was the one who told me about them and said he picked up about 1-2hp and tq on the dyno.
yea i thought it was u lol....

(pst, hey John, wers my pics at?:lol:)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Lol i know... i thought about that when i was typin up here lol....

Man i wish i still had my ported head and new piston n crank n stuff.... id take this 660 apart n drop it in...

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Chads slow anyway ;) Twister, Langford and White13 will all be way behind. But unless I get some more money and time I'm not gonna be winning anything:lol:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Chads slow anyway ;) Twister, Langford and White13 will all be way behind. But unless I get some more money and time I'm not gonna be winning anything:lol:
Must be we gave you a head start! You need to get this together I need more people to race, I already spanked Cody and Tims banshees and Wildchild has blown his up twice already, need some fast bikes to come out. You ever decide what fuel your gonna run?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Lol

u need something bigger than my old stage 1 HC:lol:
Haha I know..... I had the x4 in my hv head and the stag 3 in my 686 that ran so good... The stag 3, refreshened head with new titanium valves springs keepers n everything, new piston, cylinder, crank etc all went to the same guy...

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Must be we gave you a head start! You need to get this together I need more people to race, I already spanked Cody and Tims banshees and Wildchild has blown his up twice already, need some fast bikes to come out. You ever decide what fuel your gonna run?
Wildchild already blew up WTF? Them Banshees were nothing to beat. Hell I think one of them is my old banshee if were talking about the same one.
sell me a few more things lol
What you need lol
Haha I know..... I had the x4 in my hv head and the stag 3 in my 686 that ran so good... The stag 3, refreshened head with new titanium valves springs keepers n everything, new piston, cylinder, crank etc all went to the same guy...
X4 is a bad ass cam. I ran one on my old 660 but it was on a 11:1 motor. Think the extra compression will make all the difference on this. Few more cc's to.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Cody's is a new banshee on alky with an override, pretty quick, and Tims is a rigid witha 3 mod motor, neither has anything for any of our raptors. Wildchild had somebody put new valves in his head, apparently they didn't do it right it's blown up twice so far. Bundy a new track is really nice, be a blast having a bunch of quick bikes out there and not have to go all the way to the dunes.

41 - 60 of 181 Posts