Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys heres my problem...

When im riding i have the bad fealing of my back tires coming back up fast behind me its hard to explain but ill try my best: So im going full wot 5th gear in the trail and some bumps from the front shocks are fine but when i go over the same bump with the back tires it feels like the back end shoots up... I know i need to adjust the back shock so it wont come up on me that bad.

So is it the screw or the nut im going to play with and am i turning clock-wise or counter clock wise? 1 click at a time or 2 clicks at a time?

Feels like if i go any faster the back wheels are going to come up bad one day and ill nose dive. Same when im jumping it, the nose dives down first and sometimes not but more often it does.

Any help is appreciated thanks guys! And no!!! taking more meds dosent help!!! LOL

·
Freak!
7,986 Posts
Slow down your rear shock rebound. Bottom screw adjustment on the rear shock.

Count your clicks, that way you can undo your adjustments if you need to.

Sorry, I don't remember the direction off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bottom screw? I dident see a bottom screw uhmmm ill have to double check that. I tought the adjustments where on the rezzie can? So its the flat head screw ok...Is it the one marked H and LOW? So i would be going LOW then?

Thanks Colorado!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Get a GT Thunder link. Installs in 10 minutes and helps a lot with that issue. I'm pretty happy with it, there's a noticeable difference even though it doesn't look like much of a change from stock. As far as the jumping goes try to be steady on the throttle or give it a little more on the lip, just don't go slow and pin it on the lip or you'll be on your back. You can also give it gas in the air to pick your front end up/back brake to nose down.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So i can go threw the jump/bump while holding the gas steady? Ok ill work on that still need more go time and experience with the jumping thats for sure.

Thanks Dwally2.

Anyone can give me a little more info on the rear shock setup? Im kinda lost with the bottom screw adjust that Colorado told me. Someone has some pics im very visual and it would help me even more...

Thanks alot guys for taking the time...

·
Freak!
7,986 Posts
there's a flat head screw adjustment that you can see from the back of the quad on the lower part of the shock, that's the rebound adjustment screw. Check the service manual for info :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
K thanks Colorado i appreciate your help.

Will do that tonight when i get home from work. Its freakin scary when your going fast and the back end seems to want to throw you face first in the rocks and shnitt. Ill post back to let you all know if it fixed my problem...It should i just wasent sure how to go about it...Thanks again everyone who took the time to help me out with this simple little noob fix...

·
Freak!
7,986 Posts
yeah, i had my rebound dialed way down for trails and woops. when you push down on the grab bar, mine slowly returns to it's unloaded ride height. And yes, the seat-a-pult effect sucks donkey ballz :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it ever OMG. I wear a helmet but still i dont want to crash head first im already ugly enough i dont want to get even more FUGLY! LOL.

Donkey ballz LMAO...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the image!!!

Here it is i see i see...LOL

Shock absorber Suspension part Coil spring Auto part Suspension

Thanks man im set!!!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GREAT!!! Thanks a million everyone!!!

Ill let you all know how it is after the tweeking!

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Frenchie do a little a a time so you don't over do it. I don't think it would be a problem if you went a click or two to much. The place you see the rebound becoming a problem is on a whoop section and the shock will totally compress and make make the ride alot worse. For me I noticed the seat-a-pult was when I made my shock harded so it was trying to shoot me off. Luckly I didn't go over but I was pretty close so then I stoped and turned it in a few and I was good. The best way is trial and error. turn it in a 2-3 clicks in tonight and then see how it is when you ride it and just fiddle with it out on the trail. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Clock wise to lessen it or counter clock wise?

I bet its counter to lessen it or loosen so it dont do it any more...

Does it really click? Sorry for the noob questions here...Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
clock wise/ in slower, counter clock wise/ out faster. Yes you will hear a click

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey great thanks man...

All you guys ROCK!!!

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Frenchie do a little a a time so you don't over do it. I don't think it would be a problem if you went a click or two to much. The place you see the rebound becoming a problem is on a whoop section and the shock will totally compress and make make the ride alot worse. For me I noticed the seat-a-pult was when I made my shock harded so it was trying to shoot me off. Luckly I didn't go over but I was pretty close so then I stoped and turned it in a few and I was good. The best way is trial and error. turn it in a 2-3 clicks in tonight and then see how it is when you ride it and just fiddle with it out on the trail. Good luck with it.
1 to 2 clicks @ a time, three is is alot @ once

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
K thanx 686

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
20 clicks out would be the maxium fastest/ soft you can make it, factory setting is 12 clicks out, slowest/ hard is 3 clicks out. I think it will be about 3 clicks in where you want it but try 1 or 2 in to start off with. With mine I have mine set a little slower since my spring is a little harder. Just ride it and see how it feels and do a little at a time and don't forget what you did earlier other wise your going to get yourself confused after awhile.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts