Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my 07 back together after replacing a few gears in the bottom end. go to start it, and it backfires really hard and blows the tb boot off the head. it seems like it cranks over easy until it gets to the compression stroke and then struggles and stops the starter. i can get it to run well if i catch it right and it runs ok, so i'm thinking its not timing. the backfire though, makes me think timing, so im not sure. i didn't take the cam out of the head when it was apart, so that should be the same. the only thing i took off was the cam gear. is there something i could have messed up in the decompression mechanism when i reinstalled the cam gear?

·
Registered
390 Posts
You need to make sure the decompresion pin is not upside down or missing. Even though you did not take the cam out of the head you did verifiy the timing is correct? Did you line up the fly wheel to the correct mark and then see that the timing mark on the cam gear is lined upcorrectly?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
figured it out last night. found that i didn't align the pin on the back of the decomp mechanism with the slot in the cam face. fixed that and works like a champ!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts