Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ROTM Winner
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my bike started fine after my rebiuld and would idle ok. But I just tried to take it for a test run. Gave it some gas in first gear. She backfired, cut out and now won't start. I know my map is not 100% to my build because it was originally mapped for dmc duals pro design and k&n with lid. I add. I added an fci and auto tune. Don't know how much the fci is going to Dramatically change the fuel ratio to cause the issue.
After it stalled it won't start. Sounds like its not getting spark.

Where should I start looking. Help me out here guys. I'm a little lost in this area. Trying to start it is just draining the battery.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,733 Posts
Your map should be good enough to run with no problems.
Jump your battery from your car so you don't drain it.
Try to start, if not;
pull the plug, connect the plug wire, hold it against the motor and crank, looking for sparking,
if yes, adjust the valves
if bad, check the coil ground and resistance per service manual
if good, check ALL your other connections for recessed or dirty pins.

·
ROTM Winner
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I got it started and running. Even took it for a quick sprint in my coulda sac and got it up to 3rd smoothly. I think the original plug was fouled. Looked a little wet when I pulled it out.

I think what was happening was a loose connection at the coil from the tether wire. I noticed it was extremely loose. That could have caused arcing or intermittent spark.

I tightened up the connection changed the spark plug an all seemed well.Gonna have to pick up another spark plug so I have a spare again.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,733 Posts
Good job. That didn't take long. Get 2 plugs while you're at it. One for a spare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts