Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My raptor backfires a bit when I shut it down. I got a fmf powerbomb/powercore4 full exhaust and a pro design open lid intake jetted at 165L/160R with 25 pilots. Please help! Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also it runs just fine when I ride it. I'm thinking the air fuel screw need adjusted but don't know for sure

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
You can open the fuel screws (air screws are for 2 strokes) up a bit, and as long as it doesn't affect your ride, you're fine... else, just live with it.

Also check your plug for excess carbon - and if you wish, run some Seafoam through the cylinder to eliminate as much carbon as possible... carbon particles can overheat causing fuel to burn even after the spark has been turned off.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha. My bad. Yeah that's what I ment. I'll give it a try

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
My raptor backfires a bit when I shut it down. I got a fmf powerbomb/powercore4 full exhaust and a pro design open lid intake jetted at 165L/160R with 25 pilots. Please help! Thanks
Dont know if its just a typo but the larger main jet goes in the right carb. It should be (160L) and (165R).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dont know if its just a typo but the larger main jet goes in the right carb. It should be (160L) and (165R).
Yeah typo lol.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Good catch, Cody!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts