Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this raptor the other day and It isnt quite what i thought it was. I cant get it to run without backfiring out the exhaust and popping though the carb. It has a full HMF pipe, high comp piston, and stage 2 hot cams it aslo has a k&n with stock air box. I belive it has a stage 2 dyno jet kit. The only jet i can read is the pilot jet and its a 22.5 T he needle clips are on the 3rd from the bottom. I think the spacer on the needles are on wrong theres a thicker one a plastic one and a thin one Im not sure of the order they are to be in. I cleaned the carb and still the same. Theres a black hose fitting that goes between the two carb that is unhooked what does it go to?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
If you cleaned the carb, then you had to disassemble the entire thing and you would have been able to look at each individual jet, so you should probably take them off and give them a real good cleaning, and see what your jetting is. 22.5 needles are stock needles, going up to a 25 would help you out. Without knowing your jetting though, it's hard for anyone to give you a place to start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya thats what i figured. With my mod what would be a good place to start with the jetting? Im just going to buy all new jets the ones in it are mangled by a screw driver .

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ya thats what i figured. With my mod what would be a good place to start with the jetting? Im just going to buy all new jets the ones in it are mangled by a screw driver .
How stock is the air box, this will greatly alter jetting if it is opened or if the snorkel is missing........
You should have #25 pilots, aftermarket needles and as high as 165 mains, but this depends on the air box mods..............

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's stock other them the baffle in the snorkel being cut down and the K&N
It's not popping anymore it was the wire on the coil. It was very lose. I'm going get 25 piot jets. So would a 160 and a 165 be a good start? also it starts easy I think the vavles are fine.Its running pretty good right now I just dont know what the jets are I cant read them and it would be ice to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.